4 Easy Low Carb Cabbage Rolls Recipes
Hiee every body 🙂
If you are planning to go on a low carb diet then nothing else can be your better friend than cabbage and cauliflower. I learnt this after doing lots of research and calculations about carb counts.
Long back I had made these easy cabbage rolls and had forgotten about it. But recently I recalled the recipes for cabbage rolls and pics too. So the first thought came in my mind to share this recipe with you all here.
🙂 Oh my my !! “Generosity, Thy Name Is Kanan” lol. 😉
Well, actually these rolls are very easy to make and the filling can be modified as per your individual tastes.
Let me share a pic here…. that might tempt you to read on… 🙂
4 Easy Low Carb Cabbage Rolls Recipes
Lets see how these beauties can be prepared without much of an effort. Here are step by step easy to follow instructions. 🙂
Preparing The cover
The Traditional method is very tedious. That way you have to boil the whole cabbage head and then take out layers one by one. I tried it but lost my patience taking out those tender sticky layers of cabbage leaves one by one carefully. So easier way out for me is this:
- Separate out raw leaves of cabbage one by one and keep aside.
- Keep water to boil in a big pan. Add 1 tsp salt to water.
- Add cabbage leaves to water and let rest for few seconds.
- Take out leaves with a tong and pat dry.
- Remove thick vein from cabbage leaves for easier rolling.
Filling for the Rolls
- Grate 1/2 of a medium cauliflower, some red cabbage, all colored peppers and keep aside.
- In a wok saute 2 tbsp chopped onions, 2 pods crushed garlic and half tsp ginger paste.
- Add garam masala.
- Finally add cauliflower and all other veggies mentioned above.
- Mix well and let it cook for a minute. Do not cover the wok with a lid.
Making the Rolls
- Take blanched cabbage leaves one by one and fill cauliflower mixture in them.
- Roll leaves with corners tucked in. If you feel that the edges might open, then use tooth picks to keep edges in place.
- Grease a microwave safe dish with butter and micro high for 6-8 mnts.
- Once done take those out and shallow fry on a non stick tawa to get that golden brown crust.
Variations for filling
- Make egg bhurji and fill in the rolls. Beat two eggs well with salt and pepper.
- Dip each roll in the egg mix and shallow fry in butter or olive oil on nonstick frying pan.
- You have your Egg Cabbage Rolls ready to eat with any sauce of your liking.
2. Paneer :
- Make Paneer bhurji to fill in the rolls. Make either with egg covering or leave it plain. Up to your taste.
3. Non Veg :
- Fill anything from chicken, mutton, pork or beef in Kheema form.
4. Soya Keema
- Fill spicy Soya Keema for vegans.
For the topping and serving
- If you wish you can add some grated cheese on top. Microwave for a few seconds to make cheese melt and serve hot.
- For shallow fried version without eggs, its best to serve with Salsa or tomato ketchup. Serve piping hot.
Well well, it seems like too much of work there to prepare those wonderful looking and great tasting rolls; but no, let me assure you, in reality there is hardly any special effort involved. So that means these cabbage rolls are a must try for all those, who are reading this post. 🙂
If you can read it, you can make it too… 😛
So how about surprising your family and friends by serving them these Easy Low Carb Cabbage Rolls?
You may also like to read about these:
- Low Carb Strawberry Raspberry Smoothie Recipe
- Hummus Recipe- Healthy, Easy And Low Carb
- 5 Low Carb Egg Recipes For Weight Loss
- Low Carb Indian Butter Chicken Recipe
- Recipe-How To Make LCHF Bulletproof Coffee
- Low Carb Broccoli And Cheese Soup Recipe
- Quick Low Carb Vegetable Salad Recipe
- Low Carb Eggless Mayonnaise Recipe
- LCHF Smoothie Recipe-Coconut Milk,Pineapple and Pomegranate
- Low Carb Coconut Milk India-Dabur Hommade Coconut Milk