5 Exercises That Will Perk You Up
Do you get tired after a long day at work? Well, everybody does!! It is natural to get tired and yearn for a peaceful nap. Just think that after coming back from office you need to head to a party and you are dead tired!! What to do? The party is important, you simply have to attend it or your buddy will be mad at you. There is help at hand. There are certain exercises that will perk you up.
These moves work well when they are combined with energy- boosting benefits of deep breathing. You can even do these exercises every day or when you really need an energy dose. Instead of running for coffee you can just do these moves. So, without much ado let us have a look at the exercises.
1) Chest opening hug
- Stand with your feet a hip-width apart. Slightly bend your knees. Extend your arms out to the sides with your palms facing forward. Inhale deeply through your nose and look up while expanding wide across the chest and opening your arms as wide as you can.
- Exhale through your mouth while wrapping your arms around your chest and your fingertips hugging the upper back. Your spine should be rounded, and chin dropped in towards the chest. Repeat this 10 times, changing the arm that wraps on top in each rep.
2) Reaching march
- Stand with your feet a hip-width apart with knees slightly bent, and your arms by the sides. Breathe in deeply through the nose while lifting your right knee up in line with your hip, extending your left arm by your ear, and leaning towards the right. Return to starting position and exhale through your mouth. Repeat 10 times, switching sides with each rep.
3) Figure 8 flow
- Stand with your feet more than hip-width apart with your knees slightly bent, and your arms extended down and across your body to the left side.
- Swing your arms up and to the right while rotating your left hip forward and lifting your left heel, tracing a circle with your arms towards the wall behind you. Immediately repeat the same on the opposite side, swinging your arms through a large figure-8 pattern following a natural rhythm and breathe deeply. Repeat 10 times.
4) Sliding Plie Scoop
- Stand with your heels pressed close together and your toes turned out at 45 degrees. Breathe in and your reach arms overhead with the palms facing in, lifting the chest and heels and extending the spine slightly.
- Take a big step out to the left, landing with your feet wider than hips. Breathe out through your mouth and lower into a deep plie, bending your knees out over your toes while rounding your spine forward and reaching your fingertips toward the floor. Slide your left heel back into the right and return to the starting position. Repeat 10 times, alternating sides with each rep.
5) Twisted Chair
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and your arms by sides. Breathe in deeply though your nose and sweep your arms out and up, pressing the palms together overhead and looking up at the hands.
- Breathe out through your mouth while bending your knees deeply, bring your hips back in sitting position into chair pose. Bring your right elbow to outside of the left thigh, twisting the upper body to the left, pressing the palms together, and looking up over the left shoulder. Repeat 10 times, alternating sides with each rep.
Hope you find these moves useful!
You may also like reading-
- 10 Things Every Woman Must Know
- Health Conditions That Cause Balance Disorder
- All About Pole Fitness Workout
- Acupressure Points for Weight Loss
- How Leptin Resistance Causes Obesity and Weight Gain?
- How To Eat Healthy On A Date?
- The Vicious Circle Of Technology And Sleep
- Navratri Special Low Carb Coleslaw Recipe
- Lotus Root Fry Recipe-Quick Indian Snack
- Kajol’s Diet Plan And Fitness-From Fat To Fab
- What Is The Ideal Body Fat Percentage For Men?
- How To Prevent Weight Gain In A Hostel?