6 Worst Weight Loss Tips
A little bit of extra kilos or extra bones sticking out garner unwanted attention from all directions. People advise you to stop eating this and try eating that. I am sure someone would have given you at least one weird health advice or weight loss tip in your life.
Now here is a list of the top 6 worst weight loss tips ever.
6 Worst Weight Loss Tips
1. Eat the egg white and avoid the egg yolk
The weirdest of the list is eating the whites and throwing away the egg yolk. The egg yolk is known contain almost all the nutrients. The whites contain just the protein. The yolk has a bad reputation because it is high in cholesterol. That is why people are asked to avoid it but research has a different story to say.
It has been found that there is no change in the cholesterol levels after consumption of whole eggs in most people. It actually raised the good cholesterol levels in a few people. Also there is no link between the consumption of whole eggs and the risk of heart disease. What do you say now?
What all does the egg have to offer?
- It has high quality protein,
- Provides healthy fats,
- Has vitamins and minerals
- It is rich in choline, a brain nutrient that 90% of people are mostly deprived of.
- They contain powerful antioxidants that are very protective for the eyes and lower the risk of several diseases of the eye.
- Bring your ears closer as eggs are also a weight loss friendly food. Replacing a grain-based breakfast with eggs can be very filling, this will make you eat less and ultimately help you lose weight 🙂
Why eggs are the healthiest, read here.
2. Have a Low-Fat, High-Carb Diet
Hmmm, a low-fat diet! It was always presumed that by reducing your fat intake you are reducing the risk of a heart disease. This is so not true. According to a study it was found that there was almost no difference in weight between groups of women who ate a low fat diet and those who ate a standard diet. And the risk of heart disease or cancer didn’t reduce either.
Even people suffering from diabetes are being asked to follow a low fat and high carb diet. It is a well known fact that carbs raise blood sugar, which in turn keeps the diabetic patients dependant on medicines that lower blood sugar. For people suffering with obesity and type 2 diabetes such a diet can prove to be disastrous.
3. Count calories and ignore the quality of the food
There was a phase in the fitness arena when people were just obsessed with the calories and did not bother about what they were eating. They simply kept counting calories. Now people have outgrown that phase.
To those who still hang on to it, I would say that different foods have different effects on the mind, hormones and the feeling of fullness. What you feel after eating a boiled potato is not the same as what you feel after eating an ice cream. So don’t just count calories focus on the goodness of what you are eating.
4. For Cooking, Polyunsaturated Vegetable Oils should be used
People are advised to consume oils that are high in polyunsaturated fats. In certain studies these oils i.e. soybean, corn, canola and cottonseed oils have been found to lower the levels of cholesterol. At the same time there are contrary studies that have shown that in spite of lowering cholesterol, these oils tend to increase the risk of heart disease. Just lowering cholesterol doesn’t make an oil heart friendly.
Moreover, these oils are loaded with Omega-6 fatty acids and trans fats. So it is better to avoid these polyunsaturated vegetable oils.
5. Processed, Trans Fat Laden Margarine should replace Natural Butter
Oh my God! How can something natural be replaced by chemicals that look like food! You must check the ingredient list for margarine. Instead of doing any good it increases the risk of a heart disease when compared to natural butter. Going natural is a better option. Such processed food will only add to health woes.
6. Eat Whole Grain for health
Whole grains are a big marketing lie ! If you don’t believe, read the labels of your whole wheat bread. Most of them will have sugar and other flours mixed. Don’t fall prey to these so called healthy foods. Eat natural, eat local and stay healthy.
Did you find these 6 Worst Weight Loss Tips Useful ? Let us know 🙂
You may also like reading –
- 10 Benefits Of Almond Milk In Weight Loss
- Weight Loss Rules You Can’t Mess Up
- How To Make Low Carb Indian Bread/Roti
- 12 Coconut Chutney Recipes For Weight Loss
- All About PCOD By Dr. Sanjay Shah
- How To Make Almond Milk
- Fitness-Couch To 5K Running Program Review
- My Life and Weight Loss Mission
- Masala Bhangra-New Weight Loss Workout
- Low Carb Strawberry Raspberry Smoothie Recipe
- Hummus Recipe- Healthy, Easy And Low Carb
- IWB Weight Loss Program-Lose Weight With Us
- Why Exercise Is Must For Weight Loss