How To Do An Abdominal Massage?
Abdominal massage can be traced back to ancient times. People have been doing it for several years now. It is known to promote health in several ways. And the best part about it is that it does not need a lot of hard work from your end. Incorporating it in your everyday life will ensure wellness of the body as well as the mind.
Welcome to this two part post on abdominal massage. In this post we will be discussing the process of doing an abdominal massage. Hop on!
The process of abdominal massage
Abdominal massage has a methodology behind it and is amazingly simple. The benefits that you get from doing an easy series of steps makes the 5 min process totally worth it!
Presenting a quick and easy method of doing abdominal massage that anyone can do in less than 5 mins flat!
Just follow the steps below:
- Lie down on a firm bed or on a mat on the floor on your back.
- Lift your clothing and expose your belly. Do so to get a skin-to-skin contact with your tummy.
- Firmly rub your hands against each other till you get a very warm feeling. It should take about 15 secs.
- Placing your fingers on the navel, start a firm rubbing motion circling outward from the navel or belly button. Remember it should not be painful.
- Let your mind focus on the warmth that gets built up in the abdominal area as you continue with the rubbing motion. Take 40 or 50 circles around your abdominal area. It should take a total of 2 minutes.
Voila! You have just done your first abdominal massage! Doesn’t it appear to be simple?
How often should the massage be done?
A two minute massage should be performed twice a day as a routine. You can do it after waking up in the morning and before going to sleep at night.
It is believed that most people can see noticeable results in a matter of a week of regular massages.
It takes 2 mins to do it once. So, when you do it twice it will take you just 4 mins in a day!
Isn’t it a very simple massage? The best part is that you can do it all by yourself and you need not depend on someone else for it.
Abdominal massage – Who should avoid it?
While the massage is highly beneficial, it should be noted that it is not meant for some people. Here is a list of people who should avoid going in for an abdominal massage:
- Women who are pregnant
- Individuals with gallstones
- Individuals with kidney stones
- Those who have calcium deposits in their bladder
- Women having inflammation in reproductive organs
- Individuals with hernia (any type)
- Those with duodenal or stomach ulcers
- People having internal bleeding of any kind
In my next post I will cover the benefits of abdominal massaging. So, keep watching this space!
Keep fit and stay healthy!
Hope you liked this post on Abdominal Massage!
You may also like reading-