Many of us go to gym empty stomach. If you are exercising on an empty stomach, you might not have enough energy to workout. We need to have pre-workout meal 30-45 minutes before workout.
Carbs are digested faster than fat or protein. If you eat too much fat or protein or even a large-carb meal two hours before a workout, it will drive blood flow to the stomach, not the muscles. Carbs are rapidly used up during a workout , generally in the first 25-30 minutes. Then, the body burns fat as the fuel to keep going.
Therefore, having pre-workout snack is extremely important. Let’s find out what you should eat before your workout.
Best Pre-Workout Foods
- A slice of whole wheat toast. You can use peanut butter.
- A piece of whole fruit. I find Apple most suitable since I can take it to office
- A few whole wheat crackers
- 1/2 cup of brown rice with a touch of oil
- 1/2 cup of oatmeal with a few raisins. You can have it with low fat milk.
- Small glass of 100-percent juice
- Greek Yogurt
If you are working out in the morning, then have –
- A protein shake
- 1 cup of raspberries
Do you know a few more Pre-Workout Foods ? Share with us ! I will come up with a list of good Post-workout foods as well !
You may also like reading –
- What To Eat In A High Protein Low Carb Diet (India)
- Best Sugar Substitutes | Stevia Sweetener Review
- Best Ways to Overcome Exercise Excuses
- 7 Weight Loss Myths and Facts
- Egg Salad | Protein Recipes
- Top 5 Thigh and Butt Exercises
- Healthy Peanut Salad | Protein Recipes
- Top Exercises To Lose Weight – Part 2
- Why Psyllium Husk is Better than any Weight Loss Supplement
- Quick Weight Loss Products