Best Ways Of Intermittent Fasting To Burn Fat
Intermittent fasting Diet
Navratras are just a month away and since I had been doing Navratra fasting for last almost 35 years , this time also I plan to fast during these nine days. But this year I am going to try a new way of eating that is called ‘Intermittent Fasting’ for these nine days. Have you heard of it earlier?
What is Intermittent fasting?
Intermittent fasting is not a diet, but a dieting pattern. It is also known as 8 hours diet, 5:2 diet and Eat-Stop-Eat diet. It means eating your calories during a specific time period window of the day and choosing not to eat food during the rest. Now this window can be anywhere between 5 to 2 hours. I plan to keep my window for two hours. What does that mean? It means that daily I will be eating only during my stipulated two hours which I plan to keep from 7 to 8 pm. Rest of the day I will have just water, water and plain water.
Best Ways Of Intermittent Fasting To Burn Fat
There are many ways of doing intermittent fasting.
Skip a meal
- Only eating from noon-8 PM, so basically no breakfast and early dinner diet.
Skip two meals
- Second is fasting the Indian way that is not eating anything for 24 hours. That means skipping two meals in a day, taking a full 24-hours off from eating.
- This is the most popular one which implies eating normal calories for 5 days a week and then very low calories for two days. Normal calories mean eating stipulated calories according to your BMI, then go down to 400 or 500 calories for two days.
The basic idea behind Intermittent diet is that by cutting out entire meal, you are able to eat more food during your other meals and still manage a big caloric deficit, which is very important for losing weight.
How it helps weight loss?
Although we know that not all calories are created equal, caloric restriction plays a major role in weight loss. When you fast for a longer periods you restrict your caloric intake over the course of the week managing a big deficit. This gives you a chance to lose weight as you’re simply just eating fewer calories than you were consuming before. Simple!!
Pros of Intermittent fasting
Popular with 9-5 job people
It simplifies the day for people who are engaged in long hours of work in offices, as not having to carry around twelve Tupperware containers filled with six meals to last an eight hour shift. Rather than having to prepare, pack, eat, and time meals every 2-3 hours, you simply skip a meal or two and only worry about eating food in your eating window, which can be anywhere between 5 to 2 hours.
Less expensive and time consuming
It requires less time as well as money because you have lesser meals to eat and prepare. Instead of stopping what you’re doing six times a day to eat, you simply only have to stop to eat twice or even once.
It promotes stronger insulin sensitivity and increased growth hormone secretion, two keys for weight loss and muscle gain.
Although the initial transition from eating six meals a day to one meal a day can be a bit of a jolt to your system, however, once you get through the transition, your body can quickly adapt and learn to function just as well.
Fasting is not an easy thing which everyone can handle. Not everyone should take up fasting those who definitely shouldn’t consider it include pregnant or lactating women, diabetics and anyone with underlying medical problems or under medication. Before you decide to take up Intermittent fasting, here are a few dos and don’ts for you.
- Avoid fasting during high-stress times like exams or events that cause excess exertion.
- Eat healthy meals so that you pack more fiber rich food in minimum calories especially if on 5:2 style intermittent fasting.
- Decide in advance when you will be comfortable doing low calorie diet. Some people do it at the weekend if they don’t have much going on while some prefer Monday as it’s the start of the working week and generally a heavy work day.
- Before fasting, please ensure that you are well-rested and emotionally prepared to avoid huger-induced mood swings.
- Depending on the type of fast you’re doing, it may be necessary to get most or all of the vitamins your body needs from supplements. A basic multivitamin that provides 100 per cent of the daily intake would be perfect.
- It’s also crucial to be sure you are drinking enough water each day while fasting. More water means fewer hunger pangs.
- Keep your kitchen clean of any tempting foods or beverages that aren’t aligned with your fasting goals.
- Avoid gorging yourself silly before a fast. Remember portion control is the key to weight loss. The night before, eat a meal including a lean protein, healthy fat and plenty of vegetables.
- Adding a fruit to your meal will also provide some natural sugar, which can be calming to your hormones. Opt for low GI fruits like cherries, grapefruit, apple, peach, pears, plums and strawberries.
- Have a complete nutritious meal which will give your body slow-burning nutrition to carry you as much as possible through your fasting period.
- Fasting can have side effects, so it’s important to listen to your body and stop if you feel you are pushing too hard or too far. Heart palpitations, dizziness and weakness are among the symptoms that can be causes for concern.
- Light exercise is doable, but it’s best to avoid high-intensity cardiovascular workouts, especially if you’re not used to it.
- If you decide to keep calm by doing exercise, make sure that it is not too strenuous; after all, you are fasting and will need to reserve your energy to be able to function through the day, comfortably.
- OMG! how could I forget to mention that COFFEE is going to be your savior…. so save your savior for those fasting days. 🙂
Well at the end of the day every thing boils down to the same point that if you wish to lose unwanted kilos then eating less and healthy is the only way out. You can eat Low Calorie or Low Carbs but less you eat must.
So how many of you would like to join me on Intermittent Fasting?
You may also like reading-
- Foods to eat every day for perfect skin
- How Camping Can Be Good For Your Health
- How Running Five Rounds Changed My Vision Of Life
- Best Ways To Prevent Vaginal Discharge
- Get Started With Best Weight Loss Tips
- Jump-Rope Workout To Get Slim
- Top 5 Benefits of Green Tea
- Lactose Intolerance And Alternate Calcium Sources
- How to Break Weight Loss Plateau?
- 7 Best Benefits Of Brahmi
- Facial Hair-Only A Beauty Issue?