Reducing carbs from my diet has given me a new life. Whatever weight (14kgs) which I have lost is all because I don’t eat a lot of carbs. It’s not that I have just shunned them altogether but my daily diet includes more protein rich food rather than all those upma, brown bread, wheat biscuits etc etc .
Green leafy vegetables are one of the main sources of nutrients in Paleo diet/wheat belly and I mainly try to include spinach, cabbage and lettuce. Even broccoli, cucumber and eggplant are few of the recommended vegetables which can be included in Paleo diet. As it’s rainy season here, the spinach is not that fresh in the market so my preference has moved towards cabbage mainly. Cabbage gives fibre boost and a decent amount of vitamin C. No wonder we also have cabbage diet which I have heard works .
Anyway coming to the recipe which I am sharing with you today which is a whole meal in itself .I have this once or twice a week and I completely enjoy it. It gives fibre boost and when combined with eggs, I have good amount of protein too in my diet.
- 2 large eggs(depends upon how much you want. I generally have three eggs)
- 3.5 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 Tbsp Clarified butter (You can use coconut oil instead)
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 finely chopped green chilly
Method And Preparation:-
Step 1– Take a non stick pan and add butter/ghee in it.Add shredded cabbage and saute it till its softened to the preferred texture. I like my cabbage to be a little crisp and not mushy.
2) Break two eggs in it and let the egg sit for 1-2 minutes and then mix it up with cabbage. It’s just like usual egg bhuji we make but the main ingredient here is cabbage. I broke just one as I was running out of eggs that day which is kind of rare in my house though.
That is it. I generally have this in my breakfast with a glass of butter milk. It’s completely a fulfilling and an ideal dish for fitness freak or those who are looking for weight loss.
If you don’t like egg bhurji then just remove cabbage and plate it, add in 2 eggs and make a half fried and lay it on the cooked cabbage.
Do let me know your favourite cabbage recipe. Something easy, quick and leaves me satiated.
You might like reading these also:-
- Why Sugar is an Evil ?
- Weight Loss and the Service Industry
- How to Log your Diet Plan with Cron-O-meter
- Best Foods for Flat Belly – Part 1
- Food Steamer For Weight Loss & Healthy Cooking
- My Latest Lifestyle Changes to Lose Weight
- 6 tips to prepare for Weight Loss
- Ways To Make Eggs Interesting
- 12 Foods for Maximum Weight Loss
- Diet or Exercise – Who is the winner in Weight Loss ?
- A Calorie is a Calorie, Really ?
- Best Foods for Flat Belly – Part 2