Cabbage And Egg Recipe; Paleo Diet India
Reducing carbs from your diet can give you a new life. It’s not that you have to just shun carbs altogether but your daily diet must include more proteins.
Green leafy vegetables are one of the main sources of nutrients in Paleo diet and try to include spinach, cabbage and lettuce. Even broccoli, cucumber and eggplant are few of the recommended vegetables which can be included. When during rainy season spinach is not that fresh in the market so better move towards cabbage. Cabbage gives fibre boost and a decent amount of vitamin C. No wonder we also have cabbage diet which I have heard works.
Now coming to the recipe Cabbage And Egg Recipe Paleo Diet India, which I am sharing with you today, is a whole meal in itself. It gives fibre boost and when combined with eggs, I have good amount of protein too in my diet.
- 2 large eggs(depends upon how much you want. I generally have three eggs)
- 3.5 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 Tbsp Clarified butter (You can use coconut oil instead)
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 finely chopped green chilly
Step 1– Take a non stick pan and add butter/ghee in it.Add shredded cabbage and saute it till its softened to the preferred texture. I like my cabbage to be a little crisp and not mushy.
2) Break two eggs in it and let the egg sit for 1-2 minutes and then mix it up with cabbage. It’s just like usual egg bhuji we make but the main ingredient here is cabbage. I broke just one as I was running out of eggs that day which is kind of rare in my house though.
That is it. I generally have this in my breakfast with a glass of butter milk. It’s completely a fulfilling and an ideal dish for fitness freak or those who are looking for weight loss.
If you don’t like egg bhurji then just remove cabbage and plate it, add in 2 eggs and make a half fried and lay it on the cooked cabbage.