It’s cold here and winters are my favourite when it comes to food.Previously it use to be gajar ka halwa and hot choclate brownies but with time I have shifted myself to soups , warm salads ,smoothies etc.I am sharing one of easy soup recipe which I have some time in winters .I husband is quite fond of it and I use the sauteed sausages for my baby food in which instead of red chilli I use bit of black pepper.
Soup is quite fulfilling and here we go with the recipe 🙂
Here goes the Chicken sausages and Kidney bean soup recipe Ingredients:-
1 cup kidney beans(overnight soaked and pressure cooked with bit of salt)
Sausages – I used 4-5 chicken sausages and diced them up
1 large onion, chopped
2 tablespoons butter/ghee
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 large tomatoes diced
2 cups of chicken stock (or water )
Salt, to taste (start with 1 teaspoon)
Red chilli powder
1 chopped green chilli
Method And Preparation:-
- Step 1– In a non stick pan add the diced chicken sausages and saute them in 2tbsp of butter/ghee.
- Step 2– You can bit of salt and red chilli powder in it and take them out from the pan.
- Step3 – In a same pan add onion, tomatoes, minced garlic, 1 chopped green chilli in the same order mentioned.Add bit of salt , red chilli and garam masala.
- Step4 – When all the veggies gets cooked add chicken stock /water in it.I generally freeze chicken stock in a ice tray and add 4-5 cubes of it while making the soup.
- Step 5– Add boiled kidney beans and let all the things get mixed properly.Take the kidney bean mixture out and let it cool a bit.
- Step 6– Churn the kidney bean in a mixer grinder.
- Step7 – Add the sausages and have it as a one pot meal.
If you think that soup is little thick you can add more stock cubes even after grinding the kidney beans mixture .After having this soup you will be full for hours and your taste buds will thank you for it 🙂
P.S – About 100 grams of Rajma contains 140 calories.5.7 grams of protein , 5.9 grams of fat and 17.8 grams of carbohydrates.If you follow wheat belly and high protein diet then Rajma should be taken into moderate amount as carbs presents in Rajma is bit high.This infact hold true for sausages also.Sausages are not allowed in wheat belly diet as its a cured meat so instead of sausages you can even use boiled chopped eggs.
You might like these recipes as well:-
- Health Benefits Of Ginger And Ginger Recipes
- Sauteed Vegetables With Pepper | Healthy Recipe
- Peanut Chutney Recipe | Protein Recipe
- Healthy Whole Wheat Apple Walnut Jaggery Cake Recipe
- Heathy Diet Chaat Recipe For Weight Loss
- Mung Bean Pancakes | High Protein Recipe
- Paleo Diet/ Kito Diet: Balsamic Baked Chicken Recipe