It’s a very controversial question !
Does Steam Bath Help In Weight Loss?
Some people claim instant weight loss after steam bath. I have tried steam bath so many times but my weight did not budge at all.. not even grams
After an intense workout .. when my body is aching … my muscles are screaming …when my blood pressure is high.. my stress hormones are dancing , steam bath helps me to relax. It prevents me from post workout soreness which I would have to bear if I had not taken steam.
So why do you think people claim weight loss after steam bath ? I shall tell you why !
Lemme bore you a little describing the way I take steam. I drink 1 litre water and go for a shower. Taking a shower before steam brigs your body to normal temperature post workout. I then wrap myself in a full sized towel and enter steam room with a brush. Yeah you read it right , brush .. not toothbrush .. just a normal brush that you could use for dry brushing ! I prefer choosing a time when I don’t have to share steam room with some other girl. Sometimes gym is crowded and a lot of girls are in queue for the steam room
When I am not sharing the steam room with anyone, I do lock the door from inside. Please don’t lock yourself if you are new to steam experience or feel dizzy with humidity. I do drop my towel and use brush all over the body making round movements.
Dry brushing is extremely great for brushing out dirt and toxins from your body. Steam and dry brushing detoxifies your body ! I usually take steam for about 15-20 minutes. I again take shower and feel immensely fresh
Now back to the question why people claim weight loss after steam bath ! I never weight myself after and before steam bath. But I have seen people doing that.
A little common sense makes it clear that if you don’t hydrate yourself before taking steam and you sit in steam room where temperature is high and humidity makes you sweat like a pig( btw what is female pig called ? Swine, m not sure 😛 ) , losing 500 gms of water weight is no magic for God sake !
Once a girl whom I was sharing the steam room said that before attending any party, she takes a steam bath if possible since it reduces her bloating. I don’t disagree with her but a correct way to prevent bloating is to reduce your salt intake a day before that shall take care of water retention. Have foods that help prevent bloating and makes your tummy look flattened , read about them here.
Steam room is a great place to relax and relieve stress but it can be unsafe too. Extreme heat can cause dehydration and alter your pulse and blood pressure. Pregnant ladies, people with heart problems or blood pressure problems should avoid taking steam bath.
Some tips for an effective steam bath –
- Have steam bath for maximum 20 minutes not more than twice a week.
- Hydrate yourself before and after taking steam.
- Take shower before and after taking steam.
- If you feel dizzy, leave the steam room immediately. Don’t wait for remaining minutes that you have set.
- Use dry brushing or body scrub for better detox.
- If you feel dehydrated post taking steam and shower, go home and treat yourself with a glass of fresh unsweetened juice or buttermilk. You will feel a lot better
Enjoy your steam bath and share your experience !
You may also like reading –
- South Beach Diet Plan:All Phases and Foods Explained
- Top 6 Types Of Crunches For Flat Tummy
- Top 10 Swimming Types And Their Fitness Benefits
- Low Carb Glutten Free Cauliflower Pancake Recipe
- Follow Indian Weight Loss Blog on Pinterest
- Cauliflower Pizza Base Recipe – low Carb Pizza Recipe
- Weekend Fitness:How to workout on Sunday
- Why is Coconut Oil Good For you?
- Women’s Health-Why do you need Folic Acid
- Bikram Yoga Experience and Benefits
- Healthy Homemade Khakhara Recipe
- Why Eggs Are The Healthiest Food Ever