Eggs In Coconut Milk (Paleo/Wheat Belly)
The Paleo diet follows the same pattern of food as presumably our ancestors of Paleolithic Era followed. Paleo diet consists of fresh meats, fish, seafood,, vegetables, seeds, nuts, and healthy oils like olive and coconut oils etc.
The followers of this diet cannot eat dairy products,grains, legumes, refined sugars and processed foods. Researches show that our ancestors were free of many diseases like- obesity, acne, osteoporosis, type 2 diabetes, myopia and cancer etc. that are common now. So if you want to be healthy, agile and free of fatigue, going on Paleo diet can be a good idea.
If you are following or want to follow Paleo diet, I’ve a tasty recipe for you which has two most prominent and recommended ingredients of the diet which is eggs and coconut milk
You will need-
2 tbsp coconut oil/ghee/olive oil
1 brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
2 tomatoes, finely chopped
12 fresh curry leaves
2 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp ground turmeric
400ml can coconut cream
Salt as per taste
Red chilli powder as per taste
Method And Preparation:-
- Step1 – Boil the eggs and simmer them for about 7-8 minutes.
- Step 2- Heat oil in a saucepan. Add onions and cook them until they turn golden.
- Step3 – Add the tomatoes, curry leaves, mustard seeds and turmeric , salt and red chilli powder. Cook and keep stirring until the mustard seeds begin to splutter.
- Step4 – Add in the coconut cream and simmer, stirring for about 10 minutes until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Step5 – Add the eggs and cook until the eggs become warm thoroughly.
I add bit of cream above and 1 tsp. of butter as well and have it as a meal with salad aside. This is a very simple yet yummy treat for all and is quite beneficial for the followers of Paleo diet.