Fat Fasting For Weight Loss
Are you Fat Phobic? Do you feel that eating butter, ghee and cream will make you fat? Then here I am with a good news for you. And the news is that you can actually lose weight and fat specifically by eating fats. You don’t believe me? Well, this is the most beautiful truth I have ever heard as I am a stickler for fats, of course the healthy ones. I had been reading a lot about ‘Fat Fast’ and I will be lying if I said that I never tried it. Yes, I did try it for three days but could not continue with it as I had to travel and stay with my in-laws for a month since my MIL was in ICU. But soon I am going to start this Fat Fast again. I am sure by the time you finish reading this you will be in full mood to begin Fat Fast Asap.
What Is Fat Fast?
We had been talking a lot about Ketogenic diets and how they work. Still, for those who have joined us new here is a quick overview of Ketogenic Diet. Generally speaking a Low Carb Diet can be called a Ketogenic Diet as when we restrict carbohydrates to the level of 20-50 grams of net carbs, our body starts producing ketones and we enter ketosis, which leads to weight loss and other health benefits.
In every diet there comes a stage when our body stop responding to a particular way of eating leading to weight loss stall. This is the time when while being on a low carb diet you hit a stall and to break it you need this Fat Fast Diet.
The idea behind Fat Fast is to eat about 80-90% of your total calories from fat while keeping daily calorie intake not more than 1000-1200 kcal. This Fat Fast Diet should not be followed for more than 5 days. Doing it more than that might lead to muscle loss, starvation mode and nutrition deficiency.
Who should do Fat Fast?
There are certain things to be kept in mind before doing the Fat Fast.
- One should be adapted to Keto diet. Without getting the hang of low carb diet it becomes difficult to follow this diet. So suggestion is that if you want to go for fat fast you must do a very low carb diet for 3-4 weeks first.
- If you had a bad high carb day and would like to get back on track by giving your body a calorie shock.
How to follow Fat Fast?
In Fat Fast 85-90% of the calories will come from fat, so we need to ensure to include healthy fats such as MUFA, Omega 3s and saturated fats. You will have to make the right choices for healthy fats.
It is advised to take a multivitamin to make up for the missing micronutrients on a fat fast. Adding some magnesium, sodium is suggested.
During Fat fast you might not feel like doing any extensive exercise but that doesn’t mean you become inactive. A little bit of half an hour walking or some squats, push ups will always help a bit extra weight loss.
You must note down whatever you eat just to keep an eye on calories. Fats means a lot of calories and even a few spoons of ghee or butter here and there or a few extra nuts will dump the effect of Fat Fast… so beware.
What can you eat on Fat Fast?
Almonds and other nuts
I am going to start Fat Fast from tomorrow are you?
You might like reading these-
- Why Skipping Breakfast Is Bad For You?
- How Wheat Bread Makes You Fat And More Fat Everyday?
- How To Burn Calories Without Workout During Weekend?
- How To Replace Soft Drinks With Healthier Drinks?
- Top 7 Benefits Of Foot Reflexology
- Famous Fitness trends in the UK
- Weight loss tips for those in their 20’s
- The Nordic Diet-All About It
- Post-Workout Summer Smoothie Recipe
- Kava Herb-Benefits,Precautions And Side-Effects
- How Arguing Can Be Good For Health!