Fitness For Women- 6 Best Workouts
Fitness is essential for all of us to lead a beautiful life or else it will get reduced to mere existence and I know that you want to live and not just exist! Women are the central pillar of every family, so it is essential for you to be fit in order to tackle the daily issues of life. Career oriented or a homemaker, whatever you are, you need to be fit! Here are 6 workouts that you should be doing to tone yourself up and become fitter! Come on, read along!
Try this total body strengthening workout 2 to 3 times a week. You need to do at least a day’s rest in between. Every move is a compound exercise, which means that it targets many muscle groups at the same time. You need to rest for a minute after doing each set.
Move 1: Squat to overhead press
This move works your shoulders, abs, butt, hamstrings and quadriceps.
- Stand with your feet a shoulder-width apart with your elbows bent. Hold a 5-pound weight in both hands at shoulder height. Your palms should be forward.
- Lower into a squat without letting your knees go past the toes and hold the position for a moment.
- Push through your heels to stand up and press the weights overhead. Return to the position from where you started. You need to do three sets of 15 reps.
Move 2: Single-Leg Dumbbell Row
This works the back, shoulders, butt, abs, biceps, quadriceps and hamstrings.
- Hold a 5 to 10 pound weight in your left hand. Your back should be flat and almost parallel to the floor. Rest your right hand on a chair or anything else for support.
- Extend your left arm towards the floor with your palm facing in, lift the left leg straight behind you so that it forms a T.
- Slowly bend your left elbow and draw the weight up till your elbow is even with your torso. Hold for a moment and then lower the weight. Do 15 reps, switch sides and then repeat. Do 3 sets.
Move 3: Step-Up With Bicep Curl
This move works the biceps, abs, butt, hamstrings and quadriceps
- Stand with your left foot on a step or strong bench with a 5 pound weight in both hands.
- With the weight on the left foot, lift yourself on to the bench or step with the right thigh raised so that it is parallel to the floor. Simultaneously, curl weights up towards the shoulders. Return to the position form where you started. Do 15 reps, change sides and repeat the same. Do three sets.
Move 4: Dolphin plank
This works the shoulders, abs and back.
- Lie down facing the floor. Keep your forearms on the floor and pull your bellybutton in towards the spine and raise your hips to come into a low plank position.
- Inhale and lift your hips further so that the body forms an inverted V shape. Pause and then return to the starting position. You need to do three sets of 15 reps.
Move 5: Cursty lunge
This works the abs, hamstrings, quadriceps, butt and hips.
- Stand with your feet a hip width apart with your hands on the hips. Take a huge step diagonally back with your left foot and cross it behind the right foot. Bend your knees as you reach the left hand towards the floor on the outside of the left foot.
- Return to the position from where you started. Do 15 reps, switch sides and repeat. Try to do 3 sets.
Move 6: Superman
This works the back and the butt.
- Lie flat on your tummy with your legs and arms extended, toes pointed and palms down. Inhale and raise your arms and legs as high as possible. Pause and then exhale while slowly coming back to the starting position. Do 3 sets of fifteen reps.
So, that is all folks!
Hope you found this post useful!
You may also like reading-
- Top 7 Gyms In Mumbai
- Breathing The Right Way For Different Exercises
- Adnan Sami’s Inspiring Weight Loss Journey
- Detoxify Your Mind With Kapalbhati|Yoga
- Men’s Fitness-Diet Plan For 8 Weeks Transformation
- Best Indian Diet For Weight Loss
- How Does Eating A Late Dinner Affect You ?
- Top Home Remedies For Treating Foot Fungus
- 9 Tell Tale Signals You Are Gaining Weight
- All About Low Carb Indian Diet