Foods And Moves For Healthy Eyes
Foods And Moves For Healthy Eyes
Our eyes are our windows to the world. It is hard to fathom what life would be without the sight. Unlike other aspect of our health and well being the sense of eyesight is something we seldom take for granted. The slightest discomfort in our eyes makes us panic and rush to the doctor. As a golden rule, you get only what you give. Likewise, when it comes to your eyes, you can nourish them with nutrition and wellness.
The modern day lifestyle today puts an extra ordinary strain on our eyes. Pollution, dust, excessive exposure to the computer, smart phone and television screens, lack of sleep are all factors that lead to the strain on our eyesight. But in this day and age how do you get away from these factors that have become part and parcel of our existence?
Here are some moves and foods through which you can maintain the health of your eyes:
Yoga for the eyes
- Rub the palms of your hands together till they are warm.
- immediately cup your eyes with your warmed up palms.
- Hold them there for a few seconds.
- This is refreshing and rejuvenating.
- Take an object, hold it with one hand and bring it close to your nose.
- Slowly move it around one foot away. At all times keep your eyes focused on it.
- Now slowly move the object back to the center of your eyes.
- This exercise strengthens your eyes and improves focus.
- Another simple exercise is to just scan a room from corner to corner to exercise the muscles of your eyes. This again helps the focus of your eyes.
- Always remember to keep your eyes hydrated. If you feel dryness or irritation splash some cold water on your eyes. This is soothing and rejuvenating.
- When you find the free time get yourself a head massage. The massage over the forehead and temples increases blood supply to the eyes.
- Practice head stand and shoulder stand exercises. This again stimulates blood supply and oxygen to the eyes.
- Make it a point to visit the doctor’s clinic at-least once or at best twice a year to make sure everything is in order.
- Last but not the least, Always wear sunglasses when exposed to sunlight.
Foods For Eyes
Now let us move on to food for your eyes:
Like I said earlier, ‘what you eat is what you are’. Of course, this logic applies equally to your eyes. Vitamin E and C as well as omega-3 fatty acids, lutein and zinc help ward off age-related vision problems such as macular degeneration and cataracts. You need to regularly eat the following foods for healthy eyes:
Green, leafy vegetables such as spinach, kale, and others. Try and make these a part of your daily diet, in any form from cooked to in the raw juice form.
Salmon, tuna, and other oily fish that are rich in omega 3 and fatty acids.
Eggs, nuts and lentils
These are the best protein sources essential for healthy eyes.
Stick to citrus fruits that are rich in Vitamin C
In addition, it is noteworthy that eating healthy in general will help ward off diabetes that is the main cause of glaucoma, a disease that if not controlled eventually leads to blindness. So choose the right food and move for healthy eyes.
Are you going to select the right food and moves for your healthy eyes?
You may also like reading-
- Guggul-Natural Weight Loss Supplement India
- Can Astrology help in weight loss?
- Do Not Let PCOD Affect Your Life-My Weight Loss Story
- Oats For Weight Loss Management And Well Being
- True Weight Loss Story-How I Lost 20 Kgs In 6 Months
- Best Yoga Poses for PMS
- Top 4 Shoulder Strengthening Exercises
- Carb Cycling For Weight Loss-How To Make It Work?
- How to stay fit in the monsoons?
- Top Vegetables That Burn Belly Fat