36 Fun Fruit Facts you should know!!
On our blog we have told umpteen times that eating fruits is essential for good health. But this time here are some quick and interesting fruit facts you probably did not know before!
1) A banana is not a fruit, it is a herb!
2) Apples stay afloat in water as they are 25 percent air.
3) Tomatoes are not a veggie but a fruit. They are regarded as the world’s most popular fruits.
4) There are 200 seeds in an average strawberry.
5) Pumpkins and avocados are not vegetables. They are fruits.
6) Bananas being easy to digest and highly nutritious are the first fruits offered to babies.
7) One apple tree can produce 400 apples a year.
8) Bilberry helps in improving night vision.
9) Years ago explorers used watermelons for carrying water on long trips.
10) The only fruits to have their seeds on the outside are strawberries and cashews.
12) British sailors used to eat limes to prevent scurvy in the 19th century.
13) 7000 different kinds of apples are grown all around the globe!
14) The ripening of pineapple can be speeded up by making it stand upside down (leafy side down).
15) Lemons are known to kill bacteria and the high acid content in them makes them suitable for cleaning purposes.
16) Pear tree wood is used to make furniture as it is hard!
17) Horticulturists are of the opinion that banana was the first fruit on earth.
18) Nitroglycerin can be made out peanut oil. It is the main component of dynamite.
19) Lime oil is used to bring a fever down. It is also known to stimulate and refresh the tired mind and help those with depression.
20) Dried fruits have more calories than fresh fruits as the process of drying reduces the water content and volume.
21) Apples are a tonic for oily skin. It is an excellent remedy to treat wrinkles, itching, cracked skin and inflammation.
22) According to one study, avocados are the most nutritious fruits in the world.
23) Kiwis were once called Chinese gooseberries.
24) Pineapples have an enzyme which is used in blood tests and the fibres in its leaves are used to make ropes and a type of cloth called pino.
25) Pineapples are actually berries.
26) Half a cup of figs have the same amount of calcium as half a cup of milk.
27) Eggplants are actually fruits and not veggies. In fact, they are botanically known as berries.
28) The seeds of lychee are poisonous and should not be consumed.
29) A cucumber is not a vegetable but a fruit.
30) Red-coloured fruits keep your heart strong.
31) Orange -coloured fruits tend to keep your eyes healthy.
32) Yellow-coloured fruits prevent you from getting sick.
33) Green-coloured fruits help in making your bones and teeth strong.
34) Purple and blue fruits help enhance memory.
35) Orangutans love eating mangoes! Mangoes are the most loved and the No 1 fruit in the world.
36) Dark green veggies have more vitamin C when compared to light-coloured veggies.
I bet that the above fruit facts were new to you. If you know any interesting facts do share with us in the comment section.
Hope this post has been interesting!
You may also like reading-