Get Fit With Bokwa Dance Workout
You want to join a dance workout class but have two left feet! What to do? For the ones who can’t dance well it gets a bit embarrassing in public but there is a solution for that too! Welcome to the world of Bokwa dance workout!! It is a dance workout that is quite different from dancing! Just like Zumba, Bokwa is most sought after these days.
Get Fit With Bokwa Dance Workout
What is Bokwa?
Bokwa is a South African-inspired dance workout. The word ‘BOKWA’, is derived from a combination of two words. “BO” stands for light boxing and “KWA” stands for the cultural and traditional South African dance Kwaito, hence, the name ‘BOKWA’ is born. It involves drawing letters and numbers with your feet. It is a freestyle dance that helps burn calories. Bokwa is the latest in fitness bandwagon and a most sought after workout of this year.
How is Bokwa different from Zumba?
Zumba follows the 8 count steps of dance whereas Bokwa does not stick to any kind of choreography. Bokwa is not choreographed and it is not really even like dancing. It has more of aerobics with added fun.
What is done in a Bokwa session?
The atmosphere of the Bokwa class electrifying with high energy and rhythmic beats. It combines strength training, cardio conditioning, coordination and flexibility.
In a Bokwa session, you need to draw the English-language letters and numbers with your feet while performing an energising cardio workout routine. For example, you can draw a number like 3 with your feet and also get your body to move like the number. If you draw the letter L then there is not just one way you can do it. There are variations for each letter, so there’s the ‘L-walk’, the ‘L-shake’ and the ‘L-flip flop’. If you want to add zing to your workout, you can try clubbing it with freestyle moves. This simple, basic and fun dance session is more fun when done with a group of people.
What age groups can do Bokwa?
Due to the nature of this dance routine, it can be followed by people of all age-groups. Bokwa instructors say that people between the age 4 and 75 are welcome!!
Benefits of Bokwa
- There is a huge calorie burn, according to experts calories can be burnt to the tune of 1000 calories.
- It helps you lose weight.
- It is considered to be good for cardiovascular health.
- It improves your endurance, physical efficiency and performance.
- It increases muscular strength and flexibility.
- There is a reduction in risk of major ailments, such as heart disease, stroke, diabetes and cancer.
- Bokwa is known to improve mood.
- It is known to decrease the risk of injury.
- Improves blood supply and nutrients to joint structures.
- Increases neuromuscular coordination.
- Reduces risk of lower back pain.
- It can help ward off anxiety and depression.
- Interacting with people is good for mental health.
- It is a good stress buster.
With so many benefits, I am sure you are tempted to try out this new dance workout.
Keep dancing and stay fit!
Will you give Bokwa Dance Workout a try ?
You may also like reading –
- 14 Reasons Behind Weight Loss Plateau
- Is Bread Really Bad For You?
- Best Gizmos To Keep You Fit and Healthy
- 7 Ways To Become Really Sexy
- How To Reduce Belly Fat ?
- DIY-How To Make Coconut Milk At Home
- Best Mantra For Weight Loss
- Edible Flowers For Health
- What To Do After You Overeat
- Rope Skipping-The Best Exercise For Weight Loss?
- My Intervals Schedule For Weight Loss And Endurance
- How To Do 108 Surya Namaskar
- Weight Loss-Why No Results Despite Workout?