Health Benefits Of Fish To Lower Heart Problems
These days we get to hear about so many people suffering from heart problems. We cannot blame anybody because the fast life and stress has caused all this. Most of us live a sedentary lifestyle where physical activity gets difficult. And as an add on we have a chain of fast food restaurants which have only calorie dense foods to offer that satisfy our taste buds but at the same time cause a whole lot of damage to our body the first and the worse affected being our heart.
Our heart is one of the hardest working organs of our body. Your brains may rest while you sleep but your heart keeps beating and pumping blood. Yet we exploit it so much just to satisfy our cravings for junk food and land up with various heart related problems. These problems are sometimes even life threatening and popping pills is not a permanent solution to this problem. Diet is a miracle word. ‘I strongly believe you are what you eat’ and modifying the diet and eating the right kind of food can help to prevent or bring the risk of heart related problems down.
Fish and Heart Health
One such food is fish. Fish not only is a good source of protein it is also a very rich source of omega-3 which helps to reduce heart problems. Omega-3 is a fatty acid which is essential for good health and has many benefits such as:
- It helps lower bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol
- They help to prevent growth of plaques which cause blockage of blood vessels and thus reduce risk of heart attacks.
- They lower the inflammation that is caused due to damage by bad cholesterol.
- Help to reduce blood pressure and bring back to normal levels.
- Prevent arrhythmias which are irregular beating of the heart.
Choosing the right kind of fish and the quantity consumed is very important to receive best results from fish. Salmon, mackerel, tuna, herring, sardines are the fatty fishes which are very rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Eating 100 gms of these fish 3 times in a week is extremely beneficial not only for those already suffering from heart problems but also those individuals who are prone to heart problems (hereditary), sedentary lifestyle, habit of alcohol and/or smoking, no physical activity, frequent consumption of junk food or fried food.
How to cook fish?
Tips for cooking fish:
- Do not deep fry or over cook the fish.
- Eat grilled or baked.
- Avoid adding heavy seasoning to the fish.
- Add onion, lime juice and garlic to the fish for added benefits.
- Eat fresh fish and try not to store for long so as to prevent loss of nutrients.
- Eating 100 g of fish during dinner is beneficial and helps to maintain good health.
While diet modifications are extremely important during heart problems, do not forget that daily exercise and drinking plenty of water is also very important for good health and prevention of diseases.
I hope you all found this post informative and helpful. Keep reading and take care!
Are you going to change your diet to get health benefits Of fish to lower heart problems?
You may also like to read these:
- Basa Fish Bake With White Sauce and Mashed Potatoes
- Does Steam Bath Help In Weight Loss?
- Indian Diet Plan For Weight Loss-How I Lost Weight
- Is Rice Bran Oil HealthyAll About Peanut Oil-Health Benefits and Side Effects
- Quick Low Carb vegetable Salad Recipe
- Low Carb Eggless Mayonnaise Recipe
- LCHF Smoothie Recipe-Coconut Milk,Pineapple and Pomegranate
- Low Carb Coconut Milk India-Dabur Hommade Coconut Milk