Healthy Oatmeal Smoothies
Have you heard of oatmeal smoothies? They are a mind blowing variation of the fruit smoothie! They have oatmeal, healthy chia seeds and lots of fruits. They are totally yum! These show that healthy eating need not be tasteless. Once you know what all is healthy you can use them to make delicious stuff without missing out on the taste.
Breakfast on the way
These oatmeal smoothies are pretty easy to grab for breakfast if you are in a hurry. The smoothies don’t require a spoon, so you can happily sip them away. Being very filling, having one for breakfast will keep hunger at bay all morning.
Kids will enjoy this as it taste like a dessert and can be quickly consumed before heading for school. You can make them ahead of time and let the kids get the benefits of the hidden healthy stuff masked by yummy fruits.
Great Pre-workout and post-workout meal
The oatmeal smoothies are the best for post-workout or pre-workout nutrition boost. Those of you who work out a lot should definitely go in for these smoothies.
Can be made in advance
These smoothies can be made 1 to 3 days in advance and can be refrigerated. You can have a ready nourishing snack in hand. They can even be frozen. So, they are hassle free and easy!
It is a complete meal in one glass
Chia seeds are a power food. If you don’t know about their health benefits do read this! They are packed with goodness and perfect to thicken a smoothie. They have the ability to absorb 10 times their weight in water and become like a gel.
Now here is the method of making these oatmeal smoothies
Step 1: Collect the following ingredients.
- Oats– The typical rolled oats are preferred over instant oats because they are less processed and better for health.
- Chia seeds– Use whole chia seeds so that they blend and soften in a good way in the smoothies. You can add ground chia seeds if you prefer them.
- Yoghurt– Yoghurt of any kind can be used. The purpose is to give the smoothie a creamy consistency.
- Fruit juice– Using fruit juice is optional. You can add just milk to the smoothie or combine milk and juice. Fruit juices help in bringing in a lot of flavour, sweetness and nutrition.
- Blender– Yes, you need a blender to make these smoothies.
- Fruit– Fruit in any form is welcome! Fresh, dried or frozen! It adds both flavour and nutrition. While using dried fruit, use half the quantity of fresh fruit and add more liquid.
- Jams, spreads, purees and butters-Add in jams, spreads, purees and butters for flavour or substitute for fresh or frozen fruit. Make sure to read labels and find those that have nil or low sugar.
- Flavours and extracts-You can also add Cocoa powder, vanilla bean paste, cinnamon or almond extract.
- Sweetener– Sweetener has to be added according to the sweetness of the added ingredients. Certain fruits and juices can add enough sweetness that there is no need of a sweetener. Go in for honey, maple syrup if you have to.
Step 2: Add oats and chia seeds into the blender. Blend on high till you get the consistency of flour. This is done to make the oats and chia seeds to blend in well into smoothie. The finer they are the smoother the smoothie will be.
Step 3: Now add milk or juice to the blender. With the help of a long spoon, mix the ground oats and chia seeds at the bottom or they won’t blend in properly.
Step 4: Add in fruit, yoghurt, spices or flavours.
Step 5: Blend all the ingredients till they are of a consistency you like. You can make it smooth or have a little texture in it.
Step 6: Transfer the contents of the blender to a container and refrigerate it. Any good container to hold liquids would do like the one Tupperware has. Put the containers in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours or even overnight if you can. This is because time is needed to soak the oats and chia seeds. You will also be able to get a thicker texture.
Done!! Your smoothie is ready!
Are you going to try these Healthy Oatmeal Smoothies?
You may also like reading-
- How Hot Bath Helps When You Are Tired?
- Folate Intake and Genetic abnormalities in sperm count
- 10 Mindblowing Health Benefits Of Asafoetida(Hing)
- Get Dressed Up For Fitness
- Carrageenan: Is it safe for you?
- Indian Film Director Onir’s Health Diet & Fitness Regime
- Naturopathy- A Glimpse Of The Alternative Medicine
- Kettle bells are the latest rage!
- Simple Quick Gluten Free Cake Recipe
- 10 Healthiest Drinks In The World