Healthy Oats Halwa Sweet Recipe
Sweet cravings?? I have got just what you would love!! It is a quick recipe of oats halwa. It is one of my kitchen experiments but don’t worry it just tastes yummy. I have always been a fan of sooji ka halwa and when my Dad bought a 1 kg bumper pack of oats I was like… why not replace sooji (rava) with oats?? Voila! A nice healthy version of halwa was ready.
Let me begin with the health benefits of oats:
- It helps lower bad cholesterol
- It helps lower blood pressure
- It keeps sugar in control
- It improves immunity
Ok, so let me tell you how I made the oats halwa.
Oats- 1 cup
Water- 1 ½ cup
Ghee- 2 tbsp
Elaichi (cardamom)- 2 pods
Raisins and melon seeds- for garnishing
1. To one cup of oats add 2 tbsp of ghee and roast well in a wok (kadai).
2. Roast till it turns a little brown.
3. Add 1 ½ cup of water and add ½ cup of sugar to it.
4. Allow it to boil for a while on full flame.
5. After 5 minutes when it begins to have the consistency of a halwa, switch off the flame.
6. Garnish with raisins and melon seeds.
Now you have a healthier dessert option with you. It is made with healthy oats and just 2 tbsp of ghee. Have it as a sweet dish and not as a main course just because it is made up of oats; remember it also has sugar in it 🙂
You may also like reading –
- Steamed Fish With Mint Sauce | Paleo /Wheat Belly Fish Recipe
- Weight Loss With Acai Berry
- Broccoli And Pineapple Smoothie Recipe For Weight Loss
- Top Health Benefits Of Fenugreek/Methi Seeds
- My Weight Loss Journey
- How To Gain Weight | Ways To Gain Weight
- Health Benefits Of Sprouts and Sprouting At Home
- Health Benefits Of Ginger And Ginger Recipes
- Sauteed Vegetables With Pepper | Healthy Recipe
- Lose Weight With Lemongrass
- How To Eat Rice And Lose Weight