Healthy Whole Wheat Apple Walnut Jaggery Cake Recipe
Festive season is always a reason to joy, celebrate, meet relatives and friends, exchange gifts and tempting food and sweets.
Aaahh!! Tempting food and sweets can be a reason of guilt and weight put on in festive season. 🙁 but what to do, can’t ignore them and those with a sweet tooth can’t resist sweets.
Healthy Whole Wheat Apple Walnut Jaggery Cake Recipe :
The quantity of oil used is very little and its absence has been covered up by using yoghurt. Jaggery is a healthy alternate for sugar. Apples add to the sweetness, so we can use less of jaggery in the recipe. These are low in calories and is nutritious.
Serves 10; Cal/ser 154
- 1 cup whole – wheat flour (atta)
- 75gms jaggery (gur)- grated (1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup yogurt
- 1 apple – peeled and pureed (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 apple- peeled and grated
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2-3 Tbsp water
- 1and 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda ( meetha soda)
- 2 Tbsp chopped walnuts
- 1 and 1/2 Tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 Tsp cinnamon powder
- a Small loaf Tin
Method To Prepare –
- Mix jaggery and yogurt well with an electric beater till it turns smooth and is no longer lumpy.
- Add Olive oil. Beat well till well blended.
- Sift whole wheat flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Add to the yogurt mix. Beat batter for 2-3 minutes till smooth and fluffy.
- Add 2-3 Tbsp water to get a soft dropping consistency. Beat well.
- Add essence, cinnamon and pureed apple and half of the walnuts. Transfer to the greased tin.
- Sprinkle the grated apples and some walnuts on the top. Bake in a preheated oven at 160 degree Celsius for 50-60 minutes.
- Refrigerate the cake and cut into pieces.
And the awesome fragrance of apple cake will let you know when it will be done. Enjoy the cake with hot Coffee!!
So this is the healthy and sweeter option for this festive season, no need to resist you self anymore. Ditch those sweets which your relatives and friends got for you and have this cake. Don’t forget to share the cake with everyone and experience with us 🙂
You may also like reading –
- Best Workout Music – 90s Bollywood Edition
- Why your way of Partying might be wrong
- We give you what you ask – Weight Loss,Fitness and Health
- How I Gained So Much Weight | My Journey
- Lose Weight With Negative Calorie Foods
- How To Avoid Weight Gain During Work
- Kito Diet/ Paleo Diet: Chicken Kheema recipe
- How To Walk For Weight Loss
- Best Ways To Control Food Cravings
- Mung Bean Pancakes | High Protein Recipe
- Glycemic Index And Weight Loss
- 6 Ways To Stay Motivated For Weight Loss
- How To Start Workout In Gym