High Fibre Indian Recipe-Dalia Khichdi
How have you been?? Healthy enough to exercise or feeling lethargic because of this awesome cold weather??? I would choose the second one! 😛
Jokes apart! I am back with another interesting recipe that is, high fibre Dahlia Khichdi recipe. I was damn hungry one day and had nothing to eat! I opened my fridge n saw few raw ingredients and I knew I had dalia somewhere in the kitchen and thus decided to experiment something with them! It’s filled with the goodness of fibre-rich dalia, spinach, pulses and much more! Let’s get started with the recipe now. 🙂
- 3/4th cup dalia
- 2tablespoon chana dal
- 2 tablespoon yellow split pea
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds and cumin seeds each
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1 whole spring onion chopped
- ½ medium sized capsicum chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower cut into small pieces
- 1 medium sized onion chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves smashed/chopped/minced
- 1 green chilli chopped
- 2½ teaspoon turmeric and cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 5 cups of water
- Salt (according to your taste)
- Grab a container, pour 3 cups of water and add all the pulses along with dalia and let it cook until they all turn soft (and edible) and keep it aside.
- Take oil in a pan, add black mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Cover it since mustard seeds tend to splatter!
- After the seeds start spluttering, uncover and add garlic, onion, capsicum and green chilli and sauté.
- After onions turn translucent, add cauliflower and green peas and sauté some more.
- Next add turmeric, cumin and chilli powder and stir it for a minute or two in medium flame, then add tomato, sauté.
- Add 2 cups of water, cover it and let it cook until the cauliflower turns soft.
- Add spinach once all the cauliflowers get cooked nicely and give it a quick stir.
- Add the cooked pulses and dahlia now and mix it nicely. Add salt, spring onions and mix.
- Add paneer (cottage cheese) or soya bean if you like.
- You can have it just like that or have it with an egg (fried or poached)
NOTE: The measurements given here serves 1-2 people. Do not refrigerate it, the taste gets spoiled!!
When are you making this High Fibre Dalia Khichdi Recipe?
You may also like reading-
- How Yoga Benefits in Pregnancy?
- 4 Low Carb Soup Recipes For Weight Loss
- Antioxidants For Fertility
- Why Must You Use Your Own Yoga Mat For Exercise?
- 5 Bollywood Stars Who Don’t Smoke
- Top 5 Foods For A Healthy Vagina
- Top 9 Remedies To Combat Bad Breath
- 6 Foods That May Contain Animal Products
- How Surya Namaskar Benefits And Strengthens Your Body?
- Seeking Your Suggestions For Quality Sleep