9 Home Remedies To Keep Eyes Healthy Always
You care for all the parts of the body but have ever done anything out of the way for the health of your eyes? No, right? The eyes show you the world and are your most prized possession. Here are a few exercises and home remedies for the upkeep of the health of your eyes.
- An easy exercise is to shut them and squeeze them tightly. Open the quickly as wide as you can. Repeat this exercise till your eyes start watering. This will make your eyes look bright and fresh.
- Move a pencil horizontally as well as vertically in front of the eyes with your focus being on the pencil’s tip. Do this exercise everyday for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rub the palms of your hands together till they get warm and place them over closed eyelids for a few minutes.
Cucumber slices can do wonders to soothe tired eyes. It is helpful in reducing puffiness under the eyes and dark circles. Cut a few cucumber slices and refrigerate them for about 10 to 15 minutes. Place the slices over closed eyelids till they become warm. Wash your eyes with water. Do repeat the process if needed. The same can be done with chilled slices of potato.
Ward off dark circles and puffiness with the help of rose water. Just dip 2 cotton balls in chilled rose water and place them over your closed eyelids. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash your eyes with regular water.
Keep your eyes hydrated
Splash your eyes with water that is at room temperature a few times in a day. This will help in getting rid of dull and tired eyes. Make sure you also drink plenty of water.
If you use the computer (well who doesn’t 😉 ), blink often and don’t stare at the screen for too long.
You can gently massage your eyes to improve blood circulation to them. Put a few drops of coconut oil on the fingers and gently massage the inner corners, outer corners and centre of the eyebrows. Also massage the area just below the eyes. Try doing this massage at least once daily.
You can use both black and green tea bags to reduce eye strain. You can use used tea bags for this purpose. Squeeze out excess water from them and place them in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes. Place the chilled teabags over closed eyelids for 5 minutes. It will be quite relaxing. You can do this treatment as often as you want.
Milk can help soothe and relax the muscles around your eyes. Just soak 2 cotton balls in cold milk and place them on closed eyelids for 10-15 minutes. After this wash and moisturize your face.
Warm compresses also work well to reduce eye strain. The warmth relaxes the muscles around the eyes. Dip a soft piece of cloth and warm water and wring it. Place this cloth over the closed eyelids for about a minute. Repeat this 3 to 4 times.
Sleep is not only essential for your body but also for the health of your eyes. Lack of sleep can make your eyes get droopy, tired and dull. You might get dark circles and puffiness too. You require at least 6-8 hours of sleep each night.
Take care of your eyes and let them sparkle wit health!
You may also like reading-
- Peas Tikkas-Peas Pancakes For Weight Watchers
- Should You Avoid Almond Flour On Low Carb Lifestyle?
- Coconut Sugar- Is It A Healthy Choice?
- Patanjali Aarogaya Pushtahar Dalia Review
- Best Exercise To Lose Weight- 10 Minute Cardio Workout
- Potato Sprouts- Why Are They Not Safe?
- How To Curb Constipation On Low Carb Lifestyle?
- 8 Amazing Health Benefits Of Tiger Nuts
- Bharat Thakur’s Yoga-An insight
- Surprising Benefits Of Bicycle Crunch Exercise
- Is Moderation Disastrous For Weight Loss?