Amazing Home Remedies To Whiten Yellow Teeth
Nothing boosts self confidence more than a set of shining white teeth. It depicts good health. I know a lot of people who avoid smiling publicly as they are conscious of their tooth colour.
Reasons for yellowing of teeth
- Hereditary factors
- Poor dental hygiene
- Consumption of tea, coffee
- Smoking and chewing of tobacco
- High dosage of antibiotics
- Climatic conditions
- Improper metabolism
Most often people go in for professional treatment to get the yellow tinge removed from their teeth. However, such treatments may be time consuming and expensive. You can get a solution by stepping in to your kitchen!!!
You can reduce the yellow tinge that gets accumulated on your teeth by cleaning your teeth with a fresh orange peel. Here is how you should go about it:
- Rub your teeth with orange peel every night prior to going to bed. The vitamin C and calcium in the peel helps fight microorganisms during the night.
You will get results when you do this for a few weeks. If you don’t have fresh orange peel, use the powder of dried orange.
Strawberries can make your teeth whiter as they have a good amount of vitamin C. Here is how you should do it:
- Make strawberry paste and rub in gently on your teeth. When done twice everyday for a few weeks, it will help in removing the yellow tinge from your teeth.
Salt is one basic dental cleansing agent that has been in use since ages. It helps in replenishing the lost minerals in the teeth and helps in bringing back the white colour. Maybe that is why you have toothpaste with salt these days 😛
- Use common salt on a regular basis each morning as a tooth powder in place of a toothpaste.
You should be cautious while using salt as it can harm the gums and the tooth enamel when used roughly. Don’t overdo it!
Holy Basil or Tulsi
The much revered Tulsi leaves have whitening properties and they are known to protect you from oral diseases of teeth.
Here is how to use them,
- Put a few tulsi leaves out in the sun for a few hours to let them dry. After they dry, just grind them and store them in powder form. Mix this powder with your toothpaste and brush your teeth as usual.
- You can also use them by making a paste of holy basil leaves (tulsi leaves) and mustard oil. This paste can be used to clean the teeth.
Eating and whole apple can actually scrub your teeth just like how a toothbrush does and makes them whiter. It is a good way to maintain oral hygiene when you don’t have a tooth brush with you. Say, in your office after your lunch you can bite into an apple.
To get rid of yellowness of teeth do the following:
- The yellow stain of your teeth will fade when you include apple in your daily diet.
- Chew it fully and properly in order to allow the acidic nature of the apple and the fibre in its flesh to work on your teeth.
Apart from apples you can go in for raw carrots, broccoli and cucumber.
Neem can also be used to whiten your teeth and make them healthy. It ahs astringent and antiseptic properties that helps in getting rid of dental cavities and bad breath.
- Neem twigs can be used as a toothbrush for your teeth. Something that our ancestors have been doing for quite some time now! This habit removes the yellow tinge and helps tackle tooth problems.
- Neem oil can be mixed with your regular toothpaste to brush your teeth.
Hope, the above natural remedies will be effective in removing the yellow tinge of your teeth.
You may also like reading-
- Weight loss tips for those in their 20’s
- The Nordic Diet-All About It
- Post-Workout Summer Smoothie Recipe
- Kava Herb-Benefits,Precautions And Side-Effects
- How Arguing Can Be Good For Health!
- Australia’s New Healthy Eating Food Pyramid-Yay Or Nay?