How to overcome diet hurdles
Hello All!! The road to success is not an easy one. The one that leads to healthy weight loss is definitely not. You will have to face several hurdles on your way and your weight loss journey may end if you are not able to tackle those hurdles properly.
Hurdle #1: “I don’t have time to cook.”
- If you feel that you are going to be busy during the week, pre-cook food on weekends, chop veggies keep them in the fridge.
- Make extra quantity of food so that you can keep the remaining leftovers for eating later.
- Plan your meals ahead and make at least one trip to the grocer’s to stock up your kitchen with all the healthy food you need.
- When you come back home on a busy weekday, it won’t be difficult to fix up a quick and healthy meal as most of your work has been done.
Hurdle #2: “I’m unable to control portions”
- Order smaller portions when eating at a restaurant.
- You can ask the waiter to pack half of the portion of the food so that you can take it home.
- Before jumping for second helpings wait for 20 minutes to find out whether you are really hungry.
- Avoid buffets and unlimited meal options as you will end up eating more.
- Learn about portion control here
Hurdle #3: “I’m an emotional eater”
- During your free time keep yourself occupied so that you don’t eat simply out of boredom.
- Drink sufficient water throughout the day. Your hunger might actually be thirst. At times your body is unable to find out whether it is hungry or thirsty.
- Avoid stocking up sweets and junk food at home.
- If emotions are making you find comfort in food then you have to deal with them in a healthy manner by talking to a friend, writing in your journal or by distracting yourself by reading a book or going for a short walk.
Hurdle #4: “I don’t know what to do when I eat out. “
- Eat a healthy snack before you head for the outing.
- Drink a glass of water while you wait for your food at the restaurant.
- Have ready healthy option in your mind before you look at the menu card.
- Order dishes that contain more of veggies.
- You can customize your order as per your preferences. Like you can ask for your veggies to be steamed rather than fried.
- Share the dessert with someone.
- For details check out eating healthy at South Indian restaurants, Mexican restaurants, Chinese restaurants, Coffee shops, Mc Donald’s and KFC
Hurdle #5: “I don’t know what to do at family get- togethers or during vacation”
- Eat your food at the right time. Don’t ever skip a meal as you will tend splurge at the next meal.
- Check out if your hotel has a fitness area or a park for you to workout. If not try jumping a rope.
- Focus more on the company and activities rather than the food.
Hurdle #6: “I don’t eat breakfast. “
- Plan your breakfast beforehand.
- If you can’t eat early in the morning, pack your breakfast and eat it once you reach your work place.
- Eat a little fresh fruit every morning to keep you energized.
Hope now you have learned how to overcome diet hurdles!
You may also like reading-
- Fighting Breast Cancer With Healthy Diet
- How Mindful Eating Aids Weight Loss
- Ways To Boost Your Energy Through Breathing
- Top Ten Gym Etiquettes You Must Follow
- Eating Healthy At A Mexican Restaurant
- Health Benefits of Donating Blood
- Relieving Sore Muscles After Workout
- Diet soda For weight loss Or Weight Gain!
- Paneer Butter Masala Low Carb Recipe
- Ways To Have Fun and Lose Weight This Weekend
- Eating Healthy At KFC And McDonald’s
- IWB Weight Loss Program Reinvented!
- 8 Energy Giving Super Foods