How can you Indianize a low carb diet?
If you are thinking of going for liposuction or some other fad diet to lose weight, then here is a low carb diet for you!
Atkins Diet though is based in western countries and people feel it is difficult to reformulate it as per Indian diet plan for weight loss, yet if we think smart we can easily use it as a Low Carb Indian diet plan.
Indian Version Of Low Carb Diet
Atkins Diet Plan is supposed to be a very low carbohydrate diet based on the scientific fact that if you don’t provide carbs to your body to burn as fuel, it starts burning body fat and that is how you lose weight. Well that sounded logical and easy to do.
This is how you can create your own low carb Indian diet plan for weight loss. Select the best Low Carb Indian food items like Palak Paneer, Sarson Ka Saag, tandoori dishes etc. For specific dishes the low carb indian dishes include tandoori dishes like meats cooked with blends of herbs and spices in a clay oven, vegetable curries or dishes made with paneer, Indian cheese, green vegetables cooked with a bit of lentils.
Low Carb vegetarian diet is not the cup of tea of everyone especially if you are a vegan or vegetarian, you sure can have a tough time losing weight. A Low Carb Indian diet is higher in fat and proteins. Soya products and chick peas are good examples of such options.
People following Low Carb in India generally think that there is no need to opt for fitness workouts to ease weight loss as a result the weight loss turns out to be a temporary one, resulting in regain of most of the lost weight. So, keep in mind that working out is as important as diet.
Must Eat Foods:
While on a low carb Indian weight loss diet you must make meat, fish, eggs, vegetables, fruit, nuts, seeds, full-fat dairy, ghee, healthy oils and maybe even some tubers and non-gluten grains, part of your daily diet.
Your food should be based on real, unprocessed, low-carb foods like,
- Meat: Beef, lamb, pork, chicken and others.
- Fish: Salmon, trout, haddock and many others.
- Eggs: Omega-3 enriched or pastured eggs are best.
- Vegetables: Spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and many others.
- Fruits: Apples, oranges, pears, blueberries, strawberries.
- Nuts and Seeds: Almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, etc.
- High-Fat Dairy: Cheese, butter, heavy cream, yogurt.
- Fats and Oils: Ghee, butter, lard, olive oil and cod fish liver oil.
If you need to lose weight, then you must be careful with the cheese and nuts because it is easy to overeat these. Don’t eat more than one piece of fruit per day.
- Tubers:Potatoes, sweet potatoes and some others should not be had regularly.
- Dark Chocolate:Choose organic brands with 70% cocoa or higher. A bit of dark chocolate can never hurt you anyway.
- Gluten free: Gluten free grains are another way to control weight.
So this is how you can make your own Atkins diet plan without having to go in for a Western diet.
Hope this post on Indian Version Of Low Carb Diet was useful!
You may also like reading-