Hello dear friends!!
Confusion….confusion, which oil should we use for cooking? There are so many options to choose from! We generally concentrate a lot on heart health when it comes to oils but oils are not just about heart health. Keeping the cholesterol in check is not sufficient. We want more, don’t we??
Allow me tell something to you about rice bran oil. It is good for the heart and in addition enhances other functions of the body. I was introduced to this oil 9 years ago, to be precise. My mother is a heart patient so her cardiologist advised her to use rice bran oil. Since then most of the cooking at home is done by using this particular oil.
What is Rice Bran Oil?
Rice bran oil is the oil extracted from the germ and inner husk of rice.
What makes Rice Bran Oil so popular?
The reason behind its popularity is that it has a lot of natural antioxidants, that too really more than other oils. An added advantage is that its antioxidants are stable, and don’t break down easily during the cooking process (even while frying ). As it has a bland taste you can use it for all sorts of cooking.
Is Rice Bran Oil Healthy?
- Prevents cell damage: The antioxidants present in it help getting rid of free radicals in the body. Free radicals are known to cause cell damage and all sorts of diseases in the body.
- Better heart health: Rice bran oil contains oryzanol, which helps reduce blood cholesterol levels, blood clotting and thereby prevents many heart diseases.
- Cancer protection: Rice bran oil is a rich source of tocopherols and tocotrienols, both of which are anti-mutagenic in nature (prevent mutation, thus preventing cancer). These substances help prevent cancer caused by free radicals. Amazing to know that an oil too can prevent cancer.
- Improved skin health: This one is bound to make you happy girls! Squalene, a compound present in rice bran oil does the following:
Helps improve healthy skin tone.
acts like a natural moisturizer,
prevents the formation of wrinkles
delays skin ageing.
It also protects the skin from sun damage
I guess this reason will definitely make you change your oil ! No more visits to the parlour to get that glow on your skin 😛 .
- Immunity boost: As it is high in antioxidant content, rice bran oil can act as an effective immune system booster. Regular consumption improves the body’s ability to fight against diseases.
- Endocrine power: Rice bran oil has vitamin E content in it. It is believed to work marvelously in improving endocrine system function by balancing hormonal release. The endocrine system refers to the collection of glands that secrete hormones directly into the circulatory system to be carried toward a distant target organ.
- Menopause relief: According to a study it has been found that 90% of women taking rice bran oil daily found relief in menopausal symptoms like hot flashes. Y-oryzanol, present in rice bran oil, is believed to be effective in reducing hot flashes and other symptoms of menopause.
I hope you found the article informative.
Until next time, take care and keep yourself fit.
You may also like reading –
- Book Review: Don’t Lose Your Mind, Lose Your Weight by Rujuta Diwekar
- How To Reduce Paunch
- Yoga’ o Clock:Right Time For Yoga
- Top 6 Free Health and Fitness apps
- Fish Recipe – Fish Curry For Weight Loss
- How To Prevent Abdominal Obesity
- 15 Best Foods For Healthy Bones
- Mandira Bedi – A Super Mom
- Healthy Oats Halwa Sweet Recipe
- How I Cured PCOS Naturally
- Does Eating Fat Make You Fat ?
- Vitamin B12:Benefits,Dosage,Deficiency and Foods To Cure