Low Carb Baking With Coconut And Flax Seed Recipes
Some time back I was exploring and experimenting with flaxseeds and coconut powder. Doing so I made many easy quick recipes and some failed while some were a great hit. One such hit recipe was Coconut Flax Biscotti. What is actually a Biscotti? Any twice-baked cookies are apt to be known as biscotti. And taking this as basic point I planned to make simple, quick and easy recipe which can be used in many ways. How, that I will disclose later but first things first; the ingredients.
- Coconut flour – 4 tbsp
- Flax powder – 4 tbsp
- Egg – 1
- Cheese slice – 1
- Curd – Two tsp diluted
- pinch of salt
- Eno fruit salt – 1/2 tsp
- In a dry grinder add Coconut flour, Flaxseeds powder, Egg, Cheese and salt. Grind for one minute so that all ingredients blend well.
- Add diluted curd and blend again.
- Finally mix in Eno fruit salt.
- Take a coffee mug and pour mixture in it.
- Micro high for 2 or 3 minutes.
- This is what the batter in coffee mug looks like.
- Once baked cut round slices and re-micro high for a minute.
- This will make the slices crisp and brown.
- Be careful about timing as coconut flour burns very fast.
Now your basic biscotti are ready. Trick is how to eat them as they might be a little dry because of coconut flour been used. But I still love that nutty taste with a mugful of hot black coffee. Specially when I need a break from writing posts. 🙂 If you don’t like the plain biscotti then have those healthy grain free goodies as snack or meal. Here are a few ideas.
1. Wrap it up in cheese slices
2. With a spoonful of Mayonnaise and coriander
3. Have with a bowl of dal soup
Its a complete dinner by itself. Here is the nutrition data of Coconut flax Biscotti. I made eight biscotti and used as four servings that is two biscotti each serve. As you can analyse yourself that each serve is 105 calories, 7gm carbs, 6 gm fat, 6 gm protein, 1 gm sugar and 5 gm fiber. low carb and high fibre content makes it just 2 gm net carb per serve recipe. Which is quite impressive. Now you see why I called it a hit recipe in the beginning of the post. 🙂
How about baking these Coconut flax Biscotti and serving them in some new way?
You may also like reading –