Today I will tempt your taste buds with a spicy mushroom curry. Mushrooms are good for those who are looking for some plant based protein. 100gm of mushrooms contain 1.5gm of proteins.They are a rich source of vitamin B and D. They have minerals like copper, selenium, sodium and potassium. Mushrooms have anti oxidant properties and boost immunity. Mushrooms are low calorie but very filling. Mushrooms are gluten-free as well.
This curry again is low in carbs and scores high when it comes to taste and nutrition.
Low Carb Spicy Mushroom Recipe:-
You will need-
- White Button Mushrooms – 1oo gm
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Onion – 2 (chopped finely)
- Tomato puree – from 2 medium tomatoes
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Kasuri methi / Dried fenugreek leaves – 1 tsp
- Cilantro- 2 tsp chopped finely
- Fresh Cream– 2 tsp
- Oil – 1.5 tbsp.
- Salt as per taste
Get Started with Low Carb Spicy Mushroom:-
- Wash mushrooms very well buy scrubbing with a soft brush. Chop them in small cubes.
- In Pan add ½ tbsp of oil and saute the mushrooms for 2-3 minutes on high flame. Sprinkle a little salt while sautéing. Remove from pan and keep aside.
- Now in a pan add 1 tbsp oil and add the ginger garlic paste saute for a min.
- Now add the onions and cook till they are translucent.
- Then add the tomato puree and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Then add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin Powder, garam masala powder, kasoori methi and salt. Stir and cook for a while.
- Now add mushroom and mix properly.
- Add half a cup of water, cover and let it cook.
- Remove the cover and cook on low flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and turn off the flame.
- Take the curry in a bowl and garnish with chopped cilantro.
I sometime have it without any thing.Cream makes it quite filling 🙂
Check out mushroom cutlet recipe here
Do let me know how you make spicy mushrooms 🙂
You might like reading these also:-