Low Carb Wilted Spinach With Poached Egg Recipe
Yahoo!! Another one of my favourite recipes I’m going to share today! A bit excited I am as you can see already! Spinach reminds me of my childhood days, probably because I used to watch Popeye-the sailor man just before leaving for school early morning when I was in nursery! Yes I was in nursery and I still remember Popeye cracking his tin container wide open and throwing a bunch of spinach into his mouth and getting stronger instantly within seconds. I have always liked spinach because of Popeye! 😛 Now let’s come back to the recipe. This recipe is so easy that you can make it in even 10minutes if all the ingredients you need are ready. It’s very very low in calorie but rich in Vitamin A, D, K, E, B2, omega 3 fatty acids, antioxidants, roughage, protein! So without wasting much time let’s jump into the list of ingredients!
2-3 cups washed and chopped fresh spinach.
1 teaspoon olive oil.
6 garlic cloves crushed.
A small piece of ginger crushed.
1-2 teaspoon lemon juice.
Salt and pepper.
Heat 1 teaspoon of oil.
Throw in your crushed ginger and garlic and stir them till they turn golden brown in color.
- Add spinach and sauté it in high flame for about minute or two, so that it doesn’t leave water. Even if it does, it would dry up pretty soon since you are flame is in high. Sprinkle some salt. Stir.
- Keep aside your wilted spinach and add about 1 cup of water in a pan. Add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
- Crack your egg and place it gently in the middle of your pan containing hot water and cover it for 1-2minutes.
- Uncover it. Serve it hot after garnishing it with black pepper and wilted spinach!
If you want your egg white to be set and egg yolk to be runny, cover and let it cook only for 1-2 minutes, not more than that.
If you want your both egg white and egg yolk to be moderately set (like me) then cook it for 3-4 minutes.
Make sure to try this amazing Low Carb Wilted Spinach With Poached Egg recipe and stay healthy!
You may also like reading –
- Is Wearing A Bra To Sleep Bad?
- Cycling To Work For Fun And Workout
- Top 5 Ways To Control Anger
- 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Giloy
- Link Between Sleep And Phases Of The Moon
- Perfect Body Image-How It Influences Your Psychology?
- My Running Practice For 10K Run Plan Week 3
- After Dinner Walk For Weight Loss
- The Brown V/S The Whole Grain