Yum Yummmm! Had to begin the recipe like this as I absolutely love sour cream. This is a great addition to food but is also considered fattening by those who follow low fat high carb diets. As I follow high protein low carb diet I get the opportunity to gorge on it every now and then :D.You can read about high protein low carb diet here.
I was looking for sour cream in Big bazaar and super markets but couldn’t find it so thought of making it at home.When made at home it is fresh , hygienic and its so simple too.
Interesting it can be prepared in two ways which are as follows:-
For your regular cream cheese, you will need-
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup buttermilk/sour cream/white vinegar
Warm up the heavy cream a little in microwave or gas.
Take a jar with a tight lid. Mix heavy cream and buttermilk in the jar. Mix very well and do some shaking also.
Cover the jar and let it stand on room temperature for 24 hours.
It will become thick after 24 hours. Store it in refrigerator.
It can be stored for a week.
If you want your sour cream to be on the lighter side, use 1/2 cup whole milk and 1/2 cup heavy cream. Keep the amount of buttermilk or sour cream same as above.
Enjoy your home made yum-yum sour cream.:)
Do you like Sour cream? Share your favourite sour cream recipe with us if you know any 🙂
You might like reading these also:-
- Indian Vegetarian GM Diet – Day One
- How To Build Up Running Stamina
- The GM Diet – Does It Really Work ?
- Home Remedy for Cough | Healthy Sweet Dish
- Bipasha Basu’s Weight Loss – From Flab to Abs
- PCOS Diet For Indian Women | How To Deal With PCOS
- HealthCrazee Diet Plan and Service Review
- 15 Benefits Of Eating Beetroot
- Which is the Best Oil for Cooking
- My Latest Lifestyle Changes to Lose Weight – Part 2
- Why Desi Ghee is Good for Health ?
- Introducing Minisha Jaiswal, Dietician On Board
- Bollywood Actresses Who Lost Weight
- Aishwarya Rai’s Weight Loss – From Fat To Fit