Nutrition Facts-Homemade Vs Packaged Amul Butter
Butter is a dairy product obtained by churning milk cream. Butter is consumed everyday by us along with bread or paranthas. Get to know more about butter i.e. its health benefits and nutrition facts.
Butter and health benefits:
- Butter is rich Vitamin A essential for the health of thyroid and adrenal glands.
- It is essential for cholesterol metabolism.
- It has anti-oxidants that protect against free radical damage.
- It has anti-cancer properties and it is known to boost immunity.
- Vitamin D present in butter is necessary for the absorption of calcium.
- It protects the joints from calcification as it is the only source of the anti-stiffness factor.
- It is a source of iodine that is easily absorbed. Iodine is essential for the functioning of thyroid.
- Cholesterol found in the fat of butter helps in children’s brain and nervous system development.
Butter is definitely a better alternative to margarine. Butter is real food unlike margarine that is just a processed chemical made to look like food. Poor butter had been side- lined when margarine emerged as a modern day bread spread in the market, but now we know that butter is much better for our health.
There is nothing like fresh homemade butter freshly churned out of milk cream!! It is pure and has no additives in it unlike packaged butter.
Nutrition facts of homemade butter
Packaged butter has added salt and other additives in it. Let us take the most utterly butterly delicious butter i.e. our very own Amul butter into consideration. It is yellow in colour and is a regular feature on most breakfast tables.
Nutrition facts of Amul butter
Comparing nutrition facts of Homemade and packaged butter
The calories are pretty much similar, homemade butter 100 g (unsalted) has 717 calories in it and Amul butter 100 g has 722 calories. The cholesterol in Amul butter is lesser than that of homemade butter. The sodium content in homemade butter is just 11 mg whereas in Amul butter it is a whooping 840 mg!! That is because of the added salt.
Did you find the nutrition facts of butter useful? What is your take homemade butter or packaged?
You may also like reading-
- Health Benefits Of Rock Salt And Black Salt
- All About Biotin-Health Benefits and Weight Loss
- Health Benefits Of Fish To Lower Heart Problems
- Health Benefits Of Eating Salad Before A Meal
- Health Benefits Of Probiotics
- Health Benefits of Coffee
- Celebrity Diet Plans For Stunning Figure
- How To Completely Eliminate Sugar From Your Diet
- How to look curvy and toned?
- Home Remedy To Manage High Blood Pressure
- Low Carb Sugar Free Chocolate Recipes
- How to Stop Procrastinating On Your Fitness Goals
- 11 Tips To Overcome Binge Eating