High Fibre Oats Upma Recipe For Weight Loss
The week has just begun and I am already thinking of weekend 🙁 . I wish weekend lasted a bit longer, sigh! OK, enough of weekend woes, let me share with you High Fibre Oats Upma Recipe For Weight Loss!
Can I just rant a bit more? I absolutely, from the bottom of my hearts – HATE oats! Yeah, you read it right. I find oats in milk really yukkks! I have always bought oats hoping I will use them and till date, the entire packet goes to my domestic maid or to my bin if unfortunately it gets expired. This time I bought Quaker oats 2 months back and I have been looking at the packet every single morning and think “Naaah, may be some other time” lol 😛
This time with great determination I tried an Oats recipe. Please pat my back for it 😉 . This is a High Fibre Oats Upma Recipe For Weight Loss! Its not sweet, so if you like sweet oats, then oats in milk is the way to go.
Oats – 1 small cup
Vegetables – onion, peas, carrot, beans, cauliflower, green chillies
Apple cider vinegar(optional)
Curry leaves(kaddi pattaa)
1. In a non stick pan, heat 1 table spoon of oil. Add 1 small cup oats to it.
2. Saute till oats turn a bit brown. Cook on a low-medium flame for 3-4 minutes only because oats get burnt very quickly.
3. Once oats turn brown, transfer them to a different utensil and add 2 tablespoon of oil in the pan.
4. Add onion in the pan with mustard seeds once oil heats up a bit. Saute until onion turns golden brown.
5. Add all chopped vegetables and saute. Cook for 3-4 minutes. You can add all vegetables that you like in this step.
6. Add salt, red chillies, turmeric, curry leaves. You can add spices as per your liking.
7. Add 1 cup hot water and let it come to boil.
8. Add half a table spoon apple cider vinegar.
9. Add oats back to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes.
10. Simmer the gas and cover the lid for 1-2 minutes.
Tadaa, oats upma is ready! Let you upma hold a bit of water else it would feel grainy when you eat. Apple cider vinegar is a must have for me in dishes where I want to mask taste of …everything I don’t like 😉 . It masked the taste of oats totally 😛 . Next time I will skip it and see how oats really taste like 😀
This is an extremely healthy breakfast and takes just 10-15 minutes including preparation and cooking. Next time, I will try adding eggs to it. Ooh my eggs addiction 😉
I will make a move now, keep eating healthy!
Do try this High Fibre Oats Upma Recipe For Weight Loss!
You may also like reading-
- Low Carb Cheese Crackers-30 Seconds Microwave Recipe
- Vegetable Kabab With Cottage Cheese Recipe
- Low Carb Crispy Eggplant Fry Recipe
- Easy Home Made Protein Energy Bar Recipe
- Healthy and Yummy Kale salad recipes
- Easy Pomegranate Tea Recipe For Fat Loss