Patanjali Aarogaya Pushtahar Dalia Review
Last year my mom got her hip and knee replacement done and after the surgery I made her stay with me for recuperating. Looking after an old person is something different and looking after an old person recovering from double surgery with diabetes, heart problem, glaucoma, arthritis, ulcer, hypertension, high blood cholesterol and anemia (phew) is another big thing. For me, the biggest challenge at that moment was to keep her sugar levels under control yet make her eat so well that she gets her normal Hb levels back.
She is one person who literally begs for a few spoons of rice with dal especially during lunch but as she has diabetes, can’t be allowed to have it. It was a real task to convince her that it was important for her not to have too many carbs at least till she recovers well. Then I found a Patanjali product which saved me from unnecessary arguments with my mom. This was it…
Patanjali Aarogaya Pushtahar Dalia
This product from Patanjali is a healthy wholesome organic food, made of –
- Wheat and rice are rich in fiber excellent to boost the efficiency of the digestive system. Both of these grains make this Dalia a storehouse of healthy carbohydrates which get digested slowly thus maintaining an ideal level of glucose.
- Pearl millet contains phytochemicals that help to lower cholesterol. Aarogaya Pushtahar Dalia is ideal for diabetic and cholesterol patients.
- Carom or thymol seeds have anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, which help to strengthen the digestion process, gives relief from diarrhea, acidity, constipation, and flatulence.
- This Dalia also contains sesame seeds which are an excellent source of copper, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, vitamin B1, zinc, molybdenum, selenium, and dietary fiber. In addition to these important nutrients, sesame seeds contain two unique substances: sesamin and sesamolin. Both of these substances belong to a group of special beneficial fibers called lignans and have been shown to have a cholesterol-lowering effect and to prevent high blood pressure.
- Green mung dal adds to the goodness of fiber and iron along with vitamins. It is a superfood to manage blood pressure and lowering cholesterol. Along with maintaining blood pressure, it counteracts the effects of sodium. Not only this, it helps you recover from iron deficiency and reduce the risk of anemia.
- This Pushtahar Dalia has omega-6 fatty acids, flavonoids, antioxidants, vitamins and dietary fiber which promotes good health and ideal for weight watchers as the complex carbohydrates and high fiber content keeps hunger at bay.
Why I love this product?
I grind it like flour along with a few garlic cloves and use it to make a chapatti for my mom during breakfast. See how intelligent I am… no.. in fact I wanted to provide her with complete nutrition and still give her variety in foods so using the Dalia in Flour form was really convenient.
You can also add it to your Besan Cheela along with an egg and have a real filling wholesome meal. What say?
Lastly why I love it because I don’t have to go out in the local markets looking for multi-grains to make my own atta for rotis.
Must buy and must try in various forms as it is a value for money… and guess how much it costs? Just INR 35 for a 500 gm packing. Not bad …… Buy it and enjoy good health. Aah! yes, how could I forget, this is a superfood for all those who are trying to lose weight on a low-calorie diet. Make it dry like khichadi or soupy with lots of seasonal vegetables added to it, it is going to control your caloric intake and make you feel fuller.