This is one of the recipes you can try that your guests are sure to love. It’s hard to go wrong with this recipe. Something that you can make in advance and just pop in the oven when it’s time to serve. I like this easy and make in advance recipe , gives a lot of time to spend with the guests rather than the kitchen.
Recipe:Basa Fish Bake With White Sauce and Mashed Potatoes
Serves 4 people.
Here is how to go about with it:
- 4 fillets of Basa fish ( Can be substituted with any boneless fish fillets)
- 1 large Onion finely chopped
- 1 Bell Pepper finely chopped
For the flavored white sauce:
- 2 teaspoon maida/ all purpose flour
- ½ cup warm milk
- ½ cup warm water
- 4-5 cloves of garlic – finely chopped
- Basil Pesto (Can be substituted with fresh basil)
- Pepperoncino ( Can be substituted with chilli flakes)
For potato mash:
- 4-5 potatoes boiled, peeled and mashed
- Salted Butter
- Black pepper powder
- Olive oil
- ½ lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Grated natural cheese
- Marinate the fish fillets with salt, black pepper and lemon juice. Keep aside for ½ hour.
- Saute Onion and Bell Pepper in some olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Keep aside.
- For white sauce, heat little olive oil/ butter in a sauce pan. Add chopped garlic and sauté for a minute. Add maida and sauté for one min. Slowly add in milk to the pan. Swift quickly to ensure no lumps are formed. Add basil pesto and pepperoncino. Add water as per consistence required. Don’t make it too thick or too runny. Keep aside.
- Add 3-4 spoons of salted butter to the mashed potatoes and whisk well to form a smooth paste. Check seasoning. Keep aside.
- Grill the marinated fish on a pan with 1 tsp of olive oil for about 2 mins on each side. Cut the fillet into 4-5 pieces. Keep aside.
- Take a baking dish and grease it with butter or olive oil. Layer 1 – Spread the onion and bell pepper evenly. Layer 2 – with pieces of fish. Layer 3 – with flavored white sauce. Layer 4 – Evenly spread the mashed potatoes. Grate cheese on top. Bake in the oven for 20-30 mins on 200 degree till the cheese melts completely and the potato roasts a little for a crisp top and creamy bottom texture.
- Cut into 4 pieces and serve with garlic bread or flavored rice and sautéed veggies.
You can substitute the fish with chicken fillets or even prawns. Our vegetarian friends can use Paneer.
Hope you will try this and enjoy it.
You may also like reading –
- Atkins Diet Plan For Vegetarians
- Best Diet For Dry Skinned People
- Theraptin Diskettes : Best Protein Biscuit India
- Ways To Make Junk Food Healthy
- Weighing Scale Review – Equinox EB-9300
- Why Every Athlete Must Practice Yoga
- Top Foods For Healthy Liver
- The Tale Of 2 Rotis
- Prestige Centrifugal Juicer Experience & Worst Customer Service With Future Bazzar Shopping
- Sameera Reddy’s Weight Loss Journey
- Triceps Exercises You Can Do At Home
- How To Manage Hectic Worklife And Lose Weight