Top 10 exercises that help you tone up
Let us face it!!! We all want to look good in body hugging outfits. Those who are skinny yearn for curves and those who are on the heavier side want to look sculpted at any cost! Women are just not happy with their bodies. It is time you start loving it because you live in it!
This post aims at helping women tone themselves well and the target areas are the stomach, thighs, rear and shoulders.
1) Single dead lift
You require a pair of dumbbells for this exercise.
- Stand on the left foot and bend the right foot behind so that it is parallel to the floor.
- Bending forward, slowly lower yourself as far as you can.
- Stop and then push yourself back from where you started.
- While coming up try to push your hips forward instead of lifting from the back.
2) Side plank
This exercise helps in tightening and shrinking the waistline.
- Lie down on your left side while keeping your knees straight.
- Support your upper body on the left elbow and forearm.
- Raise the hips until the body forms a straight line from the ankles to the shoulders.
- Hold the position for thirty seconds.
- Switch sides and repeat.
3) Push up
This is a classic exercise that works the whole body. It burns a lot of calories and tightens the muscles of the chest.
- Get down on your hands and feet. Your hands should be more than a shoulder width apart.
- Keep your feet close
- Lower your body towards the ground till your chest touches it.
- Then push yourself back to where you started from.
- Keep your hips lifted and the core supported the whole time.
4) Second Position Plies
This is a ballet move that tones the thighs and butts.
- Stand with your feet being more than shoulder-width apart with your toes turned out slightly.
- Lower down your body by bending the knees till your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Bring your arms over your head and your shoulders down and back.
- Stop and then slowly push yourself back up to the position from where you started.
5) Cardio intervals
High intensity interval training (HIIT) helps in burning more calories in a shorter while. You can choose the elliptical trainer, a jump rope, the treadmill or a cycle and repeat the following 10 times in total:
- Three minutes at 50 % of your maximum effort.
- Twenty seconds at 75% of your maximum effort.
- Ten seconds at your complete maximum effort.
6) Triceps extension
This exercise tones the back of the shoulders and the triceps. Use light weights for this.
- Come into the lunge position and keep your back heel on the ground.
- Lean over the front bent knee.
- Lift your arm straight upwards with the top of the weight facing the sky.
- Lift and then lower the 2-3 pound weight (thirty times each side).
7) Step ups
This exercise helps in making the legs leaner and stronger.
- Stand in front of a bench or a step. Place your left foot on the step.
- Press your left foot firmly into the step or bench and push yourself up until your left leg is totally straight. Lower your body down until your right foot touches the ground.
This exercise is helpful in giving you a rounded rear.
- Lie down face-up on the ground with your knees bent and your feet flat on the ground.
- Raise your hips such that your body forms a straight line from the shoulders to the knees.
- Stop for an instant in the up position and then lower yourself back to where you started.
9) Plank with arm raise
This exercise improves posture and core strength.
- Get into a push up position and bend your elbows and rest your body weight on your forearms.
- It should be such that your body forms a straight line from the shoulders to the ankles.
- Support your core and hip placement while you lift your right arm straight in the front.
- Draw the shoulder blades down and back as you lift your arm.
- Hold position for five to ten seconds and then switch arms.
10) Shoulder stand
This yoga posture is has so many benefits. Do make sure that you don’t have any existing medical condition in which the shoulder stand is not allowed.
- Lie down facing up and lift the legs and hips off the ground.
- Your legs should be brought over your head till the toes of your feet touch the floor behind you.
- Place your hands behind the back and extend your legs straight up in the air, forming a straight line from the shoulders to the ankles.
- Hold this position for one minute and then slowly come back to the starting position.
Total body workout:
For a total body workout, pick 5 exercises and do three sets of each ten times. The next day, you a can do the remaining 5.
Ready to do the Top 10 exercises that help you tone up ??
You may also like reading-
- Do You Need To Go To Gym For Weight Loss? Find Out
- How To Get Most Out Of Mornings?
- Weight Loss Story 2014-By Varalika
- How Income Affects Food Habits Amongst Indians
- How To Choose Good Workout Clothes
- Eating Healthy In An Unhealthy Home
- Health Benefits and Nutrition Facts Of Fresh Tomato Vs Tomato Puree
- Post-Run Headaches- How To Prevent Them?
- Fitness Freaks-Exercise We Love And Hate Doing
- Ideal Eating Posture-Sitting on the floor