Top 5 Amazing Benefits Of Tea Tree Essential Oil For Skin Health
Are you someone who likes natural remedies for the skin? Then you must have heard about tea tree oil. It has been in use as a skin care product for centuries now. Talking about the present era, this essential oil is being used all over the globe for the benefits it has to offer. You must have observed that tea tree oil is added in skin care products like face washes. Let us find out more about this oil!
This essential oil is clear with a pretty yellow tinge in it. Its clinically proven properties make it effective in fighting infections. The properties of tea tree oil are as follows:
The amazing healing properties of this oil make it one among the nature’s finest antibiotics. The ways in which it benefits the skin are as follows:
1) Treats skin rashes
It is really annoying to have rashes on your skin but you need not worry if you have tea tree oil in hand. It is the best remedy for rashes as it has healing and soothing properties. You just have to add a few drops of tea tree oil to coconut oil and apply it on the affected area. You can use a combination of tea tree oil and aloe vera gel. The oil repairs damaged skin while providing relief to the itching that is associated with rashes.
2) Treats acne
Acne can affect you looks and make you feel uncomfortable. Tea tree oil is used commonly to get rid of acne breakout. If your pimples don’t seem to budge, you should think about giving tea tree oil a try. The antiseptic properties of the oil help in treating blemishes and its antibacterial nature controls the acne from spreading further. You can mix tea tree oil with organic jojoba oil and apply it on your face after washing your face. You will have a glowing skin with a reduction in the future outbreaks of acne.
3) Helps Get rid of skin tags
Skin tags can be really embarrassing. Tea tree oil is a natural way of getting rid of them. You need to clean the area affected by tags and apply tea tree oil on each tag using a cotton ball. Repeat this 2 to 3 times a day till the skin tag falls off on its own. This will take about 2 to 3 weeks.
4) Treats slight pigmentation of the skin
When there is slight pigmentation on the skin, tea tree oil can work for you. It is helpful in reducing redness and provides an even skin tone. When the pigmentation is too much, tea tree oil will not be sufficient to treat it. You have to go in for a proper skin treatment.
5) Treats fungus
Tea tree oil has antifungal properties making it the best solution to fight fungal infections. To treat fungal infections you need to mix equal quantities of tea tree oil and olive oil and rub the blend on the affected area twice in a day. You can also use aloe vera instead of olive oil. In a matter of 4 weeks, it cures the infection.
Using tree tea oil
- You can apply it directly (1 to 2 drops) on cuts and sores.
- 3 to 5 drops of tea tree oil can be mixed with carrier oil and applied after a bath.
Few words of caution
Though tea tree oil may seem beneficial for the skin, you should be using it carefully. There are a few necessary precautions you need to take.
- Do not take it orally as it can cause severe reactions even if consumed in small amounts.
- If your skin is sensitive, you shouldn’t apply this oil directly. Even otherwise, always dilute tea tree oil with carrier oil.
- Keep tea tree oil away from direct sunlight.
Hope this post was useful for you!
You may also like reading-
- Beta Carotene – What Is It All About?
- Top Health And Weight Loss Benefits Of Drumstick
- Talking In Sleep-Causes And Cure
- Dragon Fruit: The All rounder Healthy Fruit
- Bone Health And Osteopenia-Everything You Need To Know
- Top Healthy Foods That Can Spoil Your Weight Loss Plan
- Does Calorie Restriction Slow Ageing?
- Top Foods That Build Stamina Of Sportspersons
- Is Panic Attack A Silent Killer?
- Vipassana Meditation-Correct Technique To Practice