Top 5 Remedies For Nail Growth
Nails are an important part of a woman’s beauty. All women (and men too) want their nails to grow shiny and strong. Moreover, nails reflect the state of one’s health.
So what are nails made up of? They are made up of a protein called keratin, even our hair is made up of that. Nails of the finger grow faster than those of the toenails. The growth is still quite slow. Fingernails grow at the rate of one-tenth of an inch every month, at times they can grow at a much slower rate. Faster nail growth can be seen in kids before puberty and in pregnant women.
Coming back to slow nail growth, so many factors are responsible for slow nail growth and they are:
- Aging process
- Hormonal changes in the body
- Health problems
- Nutritional deficiencies
Slow nail growth is accompanied by nail splitting, breakage and other problems.
To keep your nails strong and healthy you need to follow a healthy diet with proper care. You can improve nail health with a few simple remedies.
Here are a few of them:
1) Olive oil
It is essential to keep nails moisturized to promote their growth. Olive oil is one the best oils when it comes to improving nail health. It nourishes the nails by penetrating deep into the nails and the skin. It has vitamin E in it that is known to improve the circulation of blood. It is quite helpful in promoting the health of nails and repairing nails that are damaged. Here is what you should be doing:
- Each night, before sleeping, apply warm olive oil on your nails and cuticles and gently massage it for 5 minutes. Wear cotton gloves and sleep. Do this every day.
- Soaking your nails in warm olive oil for 15 to 30 mins a day will also promote the growth of the nails.
2) Coconut oil
Even coconut oil is good for healthy nail growth. It has several important nutrients in it that keeps nails well moisturized and strong. Coconut oil also strengthens the cuticles, which have an important role to play in nail growth. It is also helpful in curing cuticle infections and fungal infections of the nails.
- Massage the nails and hands with a little warm coconut oil at night eavery day. Massage the oil in circular motions in order to improve the circulation of blood.
- You can even soak your nails in a mixture of coconut oil, honey and a few drops of rosemary oil. Just warm the solution and soak the nails in it for about 15 minutes. Try this once or twice a week.
3) Orange juice
No, it is not for you to drink, instead you need to soak your fingernails in it. This remedy boosts the growth of nails. The vitamin C content in orange juice helps in the production of collagen and keeps the nails healthy. It also has folic acid that is essential for the growth of nails.
- Soak in your nails in orange juice for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water, and apply a moisturizer. Do this once a day till you can see improvements.
Lemon has vitamin C in it and it helps treat yellow nails and gives them a shine.
- Add a tablespoon of lemon juice to 3 tablespoons of olive oil and warm the solution. Soak your nails in it for about 10 minutes. Do this daily.
- Try rubbing a slice of lemon on your nails for about 5 mins and then rinse it off well with warm water. Allow your hands to dry and apply a moisturizer. Do this every day. But avoid lemon if you have cuts in your fingers as it may sting.
A lot of vitamins are needed for the growth of healthy nails. Biotin or vitamin H is one such vitamin. It encourages nail growth as well as hair growth. Weak, thin and brittle nails can be due to the deficiency of biotin.
You can get your daily biotin dose from:
You can also take a biotin supplement after consulting your doctor.
Do try these remedies and see the difference!
You may also like reading-
- Hrithik Roshan’s 12 Week Dramatic Transformation
- Top 6 Protein Supplements Available In India
- Circuit Training and Weight Loss
- Coca-Cola Life Review-Is it healthier than coke?
- How Facebook Makes You Feel Bad About Yourself?
- 7 Bollywood Celebrities Who Lost Weight For Movie Roles
- Shocking! Maggi Oats Noodles Is Non Vegetarian
- Dramatic Transformation-8 Weeks To Abs And Muscular Body
- Low Carb Winter Salad Recipe With Beet Mayonnaise Dressing
- Bad Habits You Want To Get Rid Of For Good
- Instant Single Serve Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe