Top Home Remedies For Treating Foot Fungus
Foot fungus is caused due to….you guessed it right fungus! Trying to sound funny! 😀 Now this condition is by no means a joke. It is infectious and if not checked can spread rapidly. This commonly found infection is caused due to wearing wet shoes and socks or living in an environment that is a breeding ground for fungus. In certain cases yeast and mould can also cause the infection.
Here are a few home remedies to help you treat it at home:
Garlic is always available in the Indian kitchen and luckily is one of the best remedies for foot fungus. This particular kitchen spice has anti-fungal properties and is being used since ages. It has a compound that treats fungal infections quite efficiently. Here is how you can use it:
- Generously apply garlic oil on the areas affected daily.
- Take fresh garlic cloves and crush them. Add the crushed garlic cloves to lukewarm water and soak your affected feet in it for about 30 minutes. Pat-dry your foot after that.
- Take freshly peeled garlic cloves, crush them and add olive oil. Gently apply this healing oil to the infected area with a cotton ball.
Things may get a bit stinky with garlic but it is also important to get treated as soon as possible.
Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil has antibacterial elements in it. You can either apply a little bit if the oil on the infected skin or soak the infected foot in hot water that has 20 to 30 drops of tea tree oil. Make it a point to dry your feet as moisture under the toe nail can further spread the fungal infection. Tea tree oil is helpful but be sure not to take it internally.
White vinegar is a great remedy for foot fungus. To two parts of warm water, mix one part of white vinegar and soak the affected foot in it. Soak for 15 to 20 minutes and rinse well later. Do this twice in a day. You can also use apple cider vinegar as it has anti-inflammatory properties. You can soak your foot in a mixture containing one part of apple cider vinegar and 4 parts of lukewarm water. You can also add ¼ cup of Epsom salt to the soaking mixture.
Lemon has antibiotic and antiseptic properties which are effective in curing infections. The lemon remedy appears to be simple. You need to squeeze a lemon and apply few drops of it on the infected area and wash it off with lukewarm water after a while. If you feel any stinging sensation, you should add an essential oil to the lemon juice.
Lavender oil and oregano oil
Mixing equal quantities of lavender oil and oregano oil make a good healing oil blend for foot fungus. Apply this oil on the affected area two to three times a day in order to get quick relief.
Now that you have the remedies readily available you can get on to work to get yourself free of foot fungus. However, if the problem doesn’t get better, you should immediately consult a doctor as this fungal infection spreads very easily.
Maintain hygiene and take care!
Did you find this post on Top Home Remedies For Treating Foot Fungus informative?
You may also like reading-
- Why Canoeing And Kayaking Is Good For Fitness?
- Post Workout Sugar Free Strawberry Pomegranate Smoothie
- How Drinking Water In The Morning Is Beneficial?
- Benefits Of Cabbage In Weight Loss
- Amazing Health Benefits Of The Lulo Fruit
- What To Do Before Noon To Lose Weight?
- Dare To Run-Book Review
- Does Starvation Mode Really Exist?
- 13 Foods That Are Healthy For Women
- Zenith Nutrition Green Coffee Bean Extract Review