Yoga For Weight Loss- Some Amazing Yoga Poses
Losing weight is extremely important to ward off diseases. You need to maintain an ideal body weight for ideal health. India’s ancient wisdoms – Ayurveda and Yoga have always given a priority to one’s health and well being. Let us see how Yoga poses can help us lose weight in this modern era!
Here are some beginner yoga poses for a toned body and a flat tummy.
The warrior pose will in tightening your muscles, tone your legs and strengthen your body. Here is how to go about this pose:
- Stand with your legs far apart
- Bring your hands above your head and stretch them well.
- You need to clasp both hands doing Namaste and turn your upper body to the right.
- The right knee should be slightly bent while trying to stretch the abdominal muscles as much as possible.
- Now, switch sides and repeat the same.
Warrior pose II
Warrior pose II is effective in elimination of fat. While doing this pose the abdominal muscles get stretched.
Warrior II pose is similar to warrior pose. It has a similar effect on the tummy and legs. The difference is that the hands are stretched out on both sides while bending the leg. The hands don’t form a Namaste position.
This asana requires a lot of stamina. For an initial couple of days, you may feel pain in your legs on practicing it. But when you do it on a regular basis, the pain will vanish and you will gain flexibility. This pose will help in melting away your belly fat and toning your thighs.
- Stand with your feet together
- Inhale and raise your hands above the head.
- Stretching them up, bend your knees a bit while inhaling.
- Stay in this position for at least 60 seconds.
Initially it may be difficult to remain in this position, so do as much as possible and stand up when the pressure cannot be handled by you. Do this pose 10 times every day and increase the count every 3 days.
This pose is known to increase stamina and reduce tummy fat. It also increases the strength of the lower body and upper body.
- Sit down on a yoga mat and outstretch your legs.
- Keep your knees pulled up, thighs tight and the toes pointed out.
- Now lift the feet of the ground and bring the legs to a 45 degrees angle.
- Inhale while lifting your feet and do not bend your knees.
- Keep the spine straight and the body should form a V shape.
- Raise the arms to the level of your shoulders.
This pose will help in increasing muscle strength.
- Lie down facing up and bend your knees while keeping the feet on the ground.
- Place your hands on the floor with your palms straight.
- Lift the hips from the floor and balance yourself on the hands and feet.
The cobbler’s pose is an easy as well as helpful pose.
- Sit down with a straight spine.
- Bend your knees and make the soles of the feet facing each other.
- Press the soles together and hold the pose for at least one minute.
This asana helps in reducing the fat near the hips and stretches the leg muscles.
- Lie tummy down on the yoga mat with the palms facing the floor.
- On inhaling, lift your legs up without bending the knees.
- Lift your upper body and hands so that your abdominal muscles get stretched. You will need to balance yourself on your tummy.
This pose will help melt the body’s overall fat.
- Sit down on your feet with the knees and calves close to each other.
- Come onto your knees and place the hands on your hips.
- While stretching your torso, look above.
- Hold the heels slowly, one hand after the other hand.
- Bending backwards, stretch out the tummy and chest.
- You will feel the weight in the arms.
The above yoga poses will help you lose body fat and make you healthier. Other benefits are:
Hope you will practice these asanas for weight loss!
You may also like reading-
- All about Waist Trainers Or Shape Wear
- Top 5 Food Swaps That Are Healthy
- Top 9 Ways To Tighten Skin After Weight Loss
- Women’s Day 2015-Why Women Should Lose Weight?
- Herbalife Weight Loss Products Review-Ingredients
- Apple Cider Vinegar For Weight Loss-Mind Blowing Benefits
- Fruits And Veggies With Low Sugar Content
- Fight food cravings with yoga
- Top 7 High Fat Foods That Are Healthy
- Peas Tikkas-Peas Pancakes For Weight Watchers