Yogasan For PCOD And Hormonal Imbalance – Check it out!
PCOD OR PCOS is an endocrine disorder mostly occurring among females between the ages of 18 and 44. When in the ovaries, several fluid-filled sacs known as follicles develop in the form of cysts, it is called Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome or disorder (PCOS OR PCOD).
The women having PCOS / PCOD struggle with irregular or infrequent menstruation, Obesity, Acne, and Excess Hair Growth. If not treated in time it may lead to infertility issues.
PCOD/PCOS and weight gain are two interrelated things like the hen and egg story. Bad lifestyle, wrong eating habits and weight gain are considered to be the basic reasons for this health issue. There is medical treatment for it but the best way to cure PCOS/PCOD is to lose weight.
Yoga and walk are two easiest ways to control PCOS weight gain. Of course diet plays an important role too.
Here are a few Yogasan For PCOD or PCOS and hormonal imbalances,
Benefits of Salamba Sarvangasana
- Relieve stress and mild depression
- Calms the brain
- Stimulates the thyroid and prostate glands and abdominal organs
- Helps relieve the symptoms of menopause
- Reduces fatigue and alleviates insomnia
- Therapeutic for asthma, infertility, and sinusitis
Initially it might look difficult to do but there are various ways to perform this asana with chair and wall support.
- Improves menstrual irregularities
- Elevates mood
- Invigorates the heart
- Stimulates organs in the abdomen
- Relieves stress and fatigue
- Improves circulation of blood and oxygen, especially throughout the spinal and pelvic regions
- Improves digestion
- Strengthens the spine
- Soothes sciatica
- Helps to ease symptoms of asthma
- Effective in weight loss.
- Improves digestion and appetite.
- Cure menstruation disorder.
- Helpful is stimulating reproductive organs.
- Helps to cure dyspepsia (obesity), rheumatism and gastrointestinal problems.
- Cures constipation.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Strengthens back muscles.
- Improve the function of liver, pancreas, small intestine and big intestine.
- Act as a stress reliever.
- Strengthens ankles, thighs, groins, chest, and abdominal organs.
- Improve function of kidney and liver.
- Releases back pain.
- Cures respiratory disorder like asthma.
- Improve function of the pancreas and it is beneficial in diabetes.
- Strengthens the lower back and massages the pelvic organs.
- Releases tension in the pelvic area and tones the buttocks
- Calms the mind and relieves mild depression and stress.
- Kidneys, liver, uterus, and ovaries are activated.
- Helps improve digestion.
- Eases menopause and menstrual discomfort
- Anxiety, headaches, and fatigue are reduced.
- Cure for High blood pressure, insomnia, infertility, and sinusitis
- Cure diseases, increase appetite, and reduce obesity.
- This asana works particularly well for women after they have delivered a child.
So if you have PCOS or PCOD, remember to practice these yogasanas on a daily basis for maximum benefits.
Hope you liked this post ‘Yogasan For PCOD And Hormonal Imbalance’.
You may also like reading-
- 7 Tell Tale signs of PCOS You Should Know About
- Does Soy Affect PCOS? Find Out!
- How I gained weight due to PCOS?
- PCOS- Top 8 Natural Remedies