1 Week Weight Loss Challenge-FAQ & Exercises
This post was supposed to be a full fledged exercise post but there have been tons of queries from you readers, thank you for that 🙂 . But I am really exhausted answering them one by one, hence this FAQ post. I am clarifying all doubts here, once in for all. If your query is not listed here, please comment using the comment section below.
Let’s begin with the rules first
- Fibre and protein are 2 essential nutrients to lose weight. All non veg folks, have lean meat and salad, as much as possible. Veg folks – If you eat eggs, have eggs else have green whole moong daal, Make it soupy and have. Salad in all meals is MANDATORY.
- Do workout everyday – 7 days this week. Workout details are in the coming section below.
- Do eat small and frequent meals. Eat every 3 hours.
- Drink at least 3 litres of water everyday without fail. MANDATORY
- Snacking between meals is very important. You can snack on almonds, walnuts, flax seeds, apple or strawberries. Have not more than 6 almonds and 4 walnuts at a given time.
- Sleep 8 hours during night. Its important to help your body recover and keep losing weight.
- Preferred vegetables – Spinach, Methi, Brinjal, Cauliflower, Brocolli, Cabbage,Lauki. Sorry I am tired, so wrote a few names in Hindi 😛
Daily Calorie Intake
Women – Eating 1100-1200 calories a day is very important to lose weight. This means you need to burn 300-500 calories everyday.
Women – Eating 1200-1300 calories a day is very important to lose weight. This means you need to burn 500-700 calories everyday.
- Do not have starchy and sugary food items like banana, rice, potato, mango, chiku.
- Do not have sugar in tea/coffee. You can have stevia in tea/coffee. Read about stevia here.
- Milk in tea/coffee is allowed but keep it as minimum as possible.
- No SWEETS for 7 days please.
- Do not start your day with tea.
- Do not skip any meal.
- Do not starve.
- Do not eat junk – biscuits, namkeen, achaar, maggi, pasta, pizza. NOOOOO
You can workout the way you like! Brisk walk is good enough but only if its as brisk that you sweat. Brisk walk for 50-60 minutes is a must. Leslie Sansone walk at home is a very good walking workout which you can do at home. Checkout how to lose weight with walk at home. You can do a 3 mile walk which is a good workout. This is the youtube video link. –
- Is this plan for a week for a day? – This plan is for a week. If you notice, I have written generic names like vegetable, chicken. If you have spinach today, you can have brinjal tomorrow. Its that simple. Just avoid food items that are not allowed!
- Can I have poha, upma? – NO
- Can I have corn flakes and milk ?- NO
- Give me options of quick breakfast – Eggs are the best breakfast. If you are a vegetarian, you can have sprouts or Oats upma.
- Can I have tea/coffee in the morning or anytime during day? – Yes you can, but without sugar. Do not have tea after 5 pm.
- Can I
- What is substitute for cucumber – Are you kidding me? No substitute!
- No roti or daal in dinner? – No please. You can have moong daal 1 katori though! No roti please. You can also have moong salad , its delicious.
- I have hypothyroid, can I follow this plan? – Yes
- I am a breastfeeding mom, can I follow this plan? – Yes. Please do not starve, eat small frequent meals.
- Can I have milk? – No
- Can I lose tummy with this plan? – Yes but you need to workout.
- What salad can I have? – cucumber, tomato, carrot, lettuce, cherry tomato
Have I missed any question? If yes, please feel free to ask!
You may also like reading –