10 Foods In Your Kitchen That Are Poisonous
Do you know some nuts, fruits and veggies that we eat commonly are poisonous? Though always under the best foods category, certain fruits and veggies can have a negative effect on health. Now, don’t get scared, the aim of this post is to provide you with knowledge regarding natural foods that are harmful. It is always good to be aware, isn’t it?
1. Fruit Seeds
Seeds of apple and cherry have a kind of hydrogen cyanide called prussic acid. That is why it is always said that you should remove the seeds.
2. Rhubarb Leaves
Leaves of rhubarb have oxalic acid present in them, which causes kidney stones. But to be fatal 11 pounds of leaves will be needed 😛 but having the leaves in lesser amounts also can make you very ill. That is why rhubarb is sold with its leaves chopped.
Nutmeg is widely used as a remedy for various things but consuming large quantities of it can be dangerous. It contains myristicine, that affects the mind and causes vomiting, dizziness, sweating, hallucinations and headaches.
4. Potatoes that have turned green
Potatoes are a rich source of carbs but you should not eat potatoes that have tinge of green in them. Green potatoes contain solanine which is a natural glycoalkaloid that occurs when potatoes are exposed to sunlight for a long time. It has toxins that cause fatigue, nausea, headaches and gastrointestinal problems.
5. Bitter almonds
Almonds are of two types, sweet and bitter. The bitter variety of almonds has a large amount of hydrogen cyanide in it. Consumption of just 7-10 raw bitter almonds can be problematic for adults and quite serious for children. Be cautious while eating almonds and discard bitter ones.
6. Raw honey
Since raw honey does not go through the process of pasteurization, the harmful toxins are not killed. Unpasteurized honey has grayanotoxin in it. It can lead to weakness, nausea, vomiting, dizziness and excessive sweating that lasts for about 24 hours. Just one tbsp of grayanotoxin in a concentrated form can cause the above symptoms.
7. Tomato leaves and stem
The leaves and stems of tomatoes have alkali poisons in them that can cause stomach trouble. Even unripe tomatoes that are green in colour can have a similar affect. You need not worry as only consuming large quantities can prove fatal. It is not that risky but it would be a good idea to avoid consuming tomato leaves.
The toxic element in tuna is the mercury absorbed by the fish. When mercury is in your body, it will either pass through the kidneys or travel to the brain and affect it. According to FDA, children and pregnant women should not consume tuna at all. Just monitor your weekly intake and find out how much is recommended for you.
9. Raw cashews
The raw cashews found in supermarket shelves are not completely raw. They are steamed in order to remove a chemical that is found is poison ivy. The chemical, urushiol has an effect that is similar to poison ivy. Having high levels of this chemical can be dangerous.
10. Wild Mushrooms
Mushrooms have high amounts of nutrients in them but you must be careful about the wild variety. It is a difficult task to differentiate poisonous and non-poisonous mushrooms as they are similar. The best way out is to avoid wild mushrooms altogether.
Be careful of the 10 Foods In Your Kitchen That Are Poisonous!!
You may also like reading-
- Are Sugary Soft Drinks Bad For Health?
- Change Your Fattitude
- Famous Vegetarian Celebs In India
- How Nutritious Watermelon Seeds Are!
- Juvenile Diabetes Problem And Solution
- How to beat stress without stressing over it?
- Tips That Help In Controlling Your Blood Sugar|Diabetes
- How Self Medication Can Be Dangerous?
- Fighting Belly Fat-Your Biggest Enemy
- Barley Water For Weight Loss
- Top Four Weight loss Motivational Books