2 Days Diwali Detox Challenge-Lose 2 kgs in 2 Days
Hope you all had a great Diwali. I wish you all a prosperous year ahead. October onwards is always the festive season in India when we all tend to eat sweets, namkeen, and pakka khana aka poori chole, poori aaloo, halwa, kheer and what not. I am already drooling, sigh!
It is very common to gain 1-2 kgs weight during Diwali, so we thought why not have a 2-day post-Diwali Detox so that we get rid of this festival weight. This 2-day detox can make you shed 1-2 kgs weight. If you have bloating issues, do follow these plans and we assure your bloating would reduce!
2 Day Post Diwali Detox is based on low-calorie ideology. The calories are restricted to a maximum of 1000 per day. This is not a sustainable diet or a lifestyle changing diet and we do not recommend this for a longer period. Low-calorie plans work best for a very short term of 1-3 days when you wish to cleanse your system and get rid of recent weight gained. So please follow these detox plans only for 2 days.
Since it’s a low-calorie detox program, please avoid calorie dense foods. Stick to the plan for the best results. If you need replacement for any food item, look for alternative in the same category. For example, if you don’t have blueberry smoothie, use strawberry but not chickoo 😛 .
- Eat as many raw foods as possible during these 2 days. Minimal cooking is the way to go.
- Avoid using oil in cooking (if you cannot stay without one cooked meal). Ghee, oil, butter, cream etc should be very minimal since these are all calorie rich food items.
- It is mandatory to drink at least 3 litres water.
- Only low fat, no sugar food items allowed.
- Increase antioxidant intake for 2 days. Have green tea as many times as possible.
- Breakfast should be the heaviest and dinner the lightest meal of the day.
- Have early dinner.
- Use low fat curd for smoothies. Best will be to prepare yogurt at home with toned or double toned milk.
- Don’t check weight multiple times in a day.
- No junk for 2 days please. Biscuits, namkeen, rusk bread etc – not allowed. No outside food too!
- No grains for 2 days. Remember, you had a lot of sweets during Diwali, these 2 days can help you reach your pre-Diwali weight!
Since calorie intake is restricted for 2 days, exercise must be limited to a brisk walk of 30 minutes.
8 hours sleep is mandatory. Give your body enough rest to revive itself.
We will be publishing Detox plan for Day 1 tomorrow at 9 am. It’s a Sunday tomorrow, and if you wish you can begin tomorrow itself. If you need to buy relevant grocery items, you can begin on Monday and plan detox for Monday and Tuesday. IWB team will offer full support until Wednesday, so that people who join a day late can also benefit
Stay tuned! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
Hope you will join this challenge!
You may also like reading-