Let’s admit, weight loss is not easy. By weight loss here , I mean fat loss or dropping dress sizes or increasing stares from people around you or compliments from your friends, family n colleagues , so on and so forth :). Everyone wants it but it comes with patience and hard work. You will go through a lot emotionally during this weight loss journey, let’s get prepared –
- Invest in a good quality weighing scale like Equinox, Dr. Morepen, Omron etc and measuring tape/callipers for taking body measurements. I have just received my Equinox weighing scale, will review it after I use and test it.
- Prepare your eating plan for the coming week and shop your groceries accordingly. Shop your groceries once a week and use them to make healthy recipes. Wash your fruits and keep them in fridge. When you are hungry, fruits will serve as a quick snack for you.
- When you are eating out, order a salad first and have a glass of water. Fibre and water together gives you a feeling of being full. I know salads can be boring sometimes 😛 , you can have paneer tikka. Paneer (cottage cheese ) is much needed dose of protein. Avoid eating fries or any refined carbs. Homemade food is always better but there is no need to hamper your social life by avoiding going out. Just choose what you eat 🙂 !
- Split your food in 5-6 meals. Generally, nutritionists suggest that we should eat every 2 hours. This increases our metabolism.
- Eat only when you are hungry. If you are hungry, eat. If you just crave for taste, try to divert your mind. Remember, we crave for unhealthy food, our body does not need them.
- Take baby steps at a time. Lifestyle, especially eating habits do not change overnight. Don’t have everything or nothing attitude. You will be able to gradually bring the changes that you always wanted. For eg. When you change your eating habits, you will not be successful every time you eat. You will have cravings , mood swings etc. If you eat 85-90% of the time and workout 3-4 days a week, you will definitely succeed.
To your weight loss success,