All About Vini Yoga
What is Vini yoga?
There are many styles in ding yoga with each style having a specific purpose to fill. Now if you are looking for type of yoga that involves stretching and psychological health, then Vini yoga is the answer for you.
Vini yoga is also like a personal training session. The yoga guru will have special attention towards each and every person there. This is also the king of you that is good for beginners and people who wants to practice in the comfort of home.
It’s a type of yoga that can be specialized to suit each and every person depending on their health, body needs and total body habits. Let’s see basic yoga poses in Vini yoga.
Most people are familiar with this asana. It’s the basic body stretching asana.
This stretches your back, arms and if you bend then your spine and abdomen depending on the direction. People who wish to gain height can do this asana. It works 🙂
- Stand erect with no slumping of shoulders.
- Lift your hands towards the ceiling and interlock them at fingers with palms facing your head.
- Now turn the palms outwards and stretch while raising your legs to stand on your toes. Hold as much as you can and relax. This asana is performed in lying down pose also. Try 10 times first.
This is the basic side bend asana. It is either done with both hands and single hand. This one stretches your hips and strengthens upper thighs. And again it works trust me 🙂
- Stand erect as usual.
- Now lift one hand towards your head with palm facing towards your face. The other hand should be left in peace.
- The upper arm should come as close to your ear as possible. Keeping it the same, bend towards the opposite side of the raised hand. I mean if you lift right, bend left and vice versa.
- Hold as long as possible and without releasing your hand from the ear contact get back to your standing pose.
- Relax and your hand now. Repeat 10 to 15 times on each side.
This asana you can do on the bed. Read here.
It stretches your lower back, strengthens your abdominal muscles and thighs. It releases any gases from your stomach and gives you good digestive health.
- Lie down straight.
- Bend your legs together and raise them towards your chest as close as possible. Now with both hands hold the knees in the position with hands interlocked.
- Hold for 5 breaths and relax. Repeat 5 to 10 times.
Setu Bandh asana
This is a very good asana for your thigh strength, abdomen, lower back, and hips. It improves your hormonal balance and blood circulation.
- Lie down straight
- Bend your legs at the knees and keeping your hands on the ground raise your hips to the level of knees and raise your chest as well keeping your shoulders intact on the ground.
- You can try raising your heels to stretch your calves and relax your feet first and then your body.
- Repeat 10 times and hold for 5 to 10 breaths.
This one is my favourite stretching asana apart from surya namaskaras. This one stretches your thighs, calves, upper chest and shoulders.
- Stand straight with your legs one foot apart.
- Now turn to one side by turning at your ankles and hips. Bend down wards and lift your arms towards the ceiling. Hold the position and relax and turn back to normal position
- Repeat 10 t0 15 times on both sides and hold for 5 breaths on each.
Practicing vini yoga on a regular period is a very good session for your body muscles and can relax your muscles very well. Simultaneously it increases your strength and mind focus. Gives you good workout keeping you fit and fabulous…since it’s easy to do it can be done anywhere and you won’t need much space for this. It’s specialized so you will feel content and attentive towards yourself. Start today 🙂