Bad food combinations, according to Ayurveda!
In childhood, we’ve always heard our moms tell us not to drink milk after eating papaya and vice-versa. The child in me never questioned the why of it until recently when I read on Ayurveda’s take on some suitable and not so suitable food combinations.
Types of Food Incompatibility:
In Ayurveda, this is also termed as Viruddha Ahara, and some of these types are dependant on the following factors:
- Place – Also called as Desha Viruddha, this food incompatibility includes consuming potent substances like alcohol in deserts or oily and cold substance in marshy lands.
- Time – This is Kaal Viruddha when one intakes cold and dry food in winter and hot and pungent substance in summers.
- Dose specific – Intake of honey and ghee in equal amounts is Matra Viruddha.
- Habit Specific – If you are used to pungent and hot substances, and you end up eating sweet and cold materials, then it is Satmya Viruddha.
- Processing Dependant – The method of preparation can cause incompatibility called Samskara Viruddha. Heating honey or overcooking food for them to release poisonous toxins.
- Combination Dependant – Samyoga Viruddha would include an example of consuming sour substances with milk.
- Palatability Dependant – Hrudaya Viruddha would be when you consume food which isn’t pleasant to taste
- Mode of cooking – Cooking your meals with rotten vegetables, lousy fuel or even over or undercooking it is a part of Paka Viruddha.
Bad food combinations, according to Ayurveda
Wrongful food combinations:
Why you must not eat these food combinations!
Fish is incompatible with milk.
Although that is not the case with other varients of dairy, milk should be avoided with fish. The reason behind this is hot of the fish contradicts the cold of the milk. Next, it leads to obstruction of channels of circulation.
Cold milk should not be taken with and or after garlic, basil, and radish as it may cause skin diseases.
Milk is incompatible with sour mango, pomegranate, and after intake of green leafy vegetables.
Honey should not be heated and should not be taken by any person suffering from excess heat.
Curd should not be consumed with palm dates.
Ghee kept in the bronze utensil for more than ten days is poisonous
Curd with sweet fruits can cause cold.
If the water from the cooked rice is not filtered, it may lead to various abdominal discomforts like indigestion, regurgitation, bloating, etc.
Eating two or more food made from milk is harmful to the liver and gives rise to digestive problems.
Chicken should not be consumed with curd.
As they say, your body is a temple, with these tips, we are sure that you’ll continue to treat your body the right way.
That was our collection of food combinations which are not healthy, if you know more of such food combinations, do share with us in comments.
You may also like reading –
- Why Psyllium Husk is Better than any Weight Loss Supplement
- Quick Weight Loss Products
- Priyanka’s Weight Loss Story
- Best Tummy Toning Exercises
- Top Exercises To Lose Weight
- Top Reasons For Not Losing Weight
- Butter Or Margarine : Which Is Better?
- 16 Foods Which Make You Fat
- Bipasha Basu’s Fitness and Diet Secrets