Dear friends, kindly lend me your ears. A recent study has found that drinking a cup of coffee before your workout can actually help in weight loss. It was found that athletes who consumed caffeine before their exercise burned 15% more calories for 3 hours after exercise than compared to another group who took a placebo.
There are several health benefits of drinking coffee but the benefits associated with workouts are really interesting. I am sure coffee lovers must be feeling happy about their preference of coffee over tea. Tea drinkers out there should give it a try if you are keen on enjoying the benefits offered by coffee.
The benefits of coffee intake before a workout are as follows:
Improved Blood Circulation
Research was carried on a group of non-coffee drinkers and it was found that there was 30% increase in blood flow. Better circulation will help you workout better as your muscles need oxygen.
According to studies, having 2 to 3 cups of coffee an hour before a workout reduced muscle pain. This means that caffeine can help you push yourself a little more during weight training workouts, resulting in improvements in muscle strength and endurance.
A recent study published found that caffeine enhances one’s memory till 24 hours after it is consumed. This effect of caffeine as brain booster may be a boon during workouts as a person may be able to recall specific exercises or routines quickly.
In moderation, caffeine can help preserve one’s overall fitness and reduce the chances of age-related injuries. Though the study has been done on animals it does show some promise.
More Fuel For Muscles
A recent study found that a little caffeine consumed after exercise may be beneficial for athletes who perform every day. When compared to eating carbs alone, a combination of caffeine and carbs increases muscle glycogen by 66 % 4 hours after exercise. Glycogen is a carbohydrate that is stored in muscles and provides energy while a person exercises. Having a better reserve means that the next time you exercise you will have the ability to work out longer.
Now, after reading the benefits you should not start downing one cup after another of coffee. You may want it to benefit you but going overboard can backfire.
Read the following basic rules in order to enjoy the benefits caffeine has to offer:
- Don’t go overboard. You need a maximum of 6 milligrams of caffeine per kg of your body weight. Say, if you weight 60 kilos you need 360 mg of caffeine per day.
- You can make your coffee healthy by adding almond milk to it. You can also add coffee to your smoothie along with nutritious stuff like almond butter and oats.
- Consume coffee in a consistent manner. The pattern should be regular and not like having 2 cups today and 4 cups the next day.
- Ensure you are having sufficient water. It is essential to keep yourself hydrated.
- Make sure you don’t drink coffee 6 hours before going to bed as this may affect your sleep.
Heading for a cup of coffee??
You may also like reading-
- How To Get Your Mind Ready For Weight Loss
- Nutrition Facts & Health Benefits Of Carrot And Radish
- Body & Mind Transformation With Interval Training
- Top 7 Health Benefits Of Mint
- Nutrition Facts-Homemade Vs Packaged Amul Butter
- Temptation & A Crazy Seduction-Instant Low Carb High Fiber Cake Recipe
- Aerial Silk For Fitness
- Healthy Low GI Oats Cheela Recipe
- Top 6 Vegetarian Sources Of Protein
- How to Debloat During Breakfast
- Top 5 Yoga Myths Busted
- Health Benefits And Nutrition Facts-Cauliflower Vs Broccoli
- Best Ways To Exercise In the Rain
- Health Benefits And Nutrition Facts-Raw Vs Cooked Cabbage
- Top 10 Exercise Myths Busted!