Benefits Of Millet & Millet Salad With Chick Pea Recipe
Hope you all are eating healthy! 🙂
Well, I am back with another interesting recipe which I thought of sharing with you guys! While I am doing regular workout in the gym I enrolled recently, I am also trying to be a little more strict towards the diet and include more healthy recipes in my daily intake.
Here is a Millet Salad With Chick Pea Recipe that I would love to share with you all but before that let us know a little about millet as to what they actually count of in terms of nutritional value.
Millet is a group of small seeded grass which are grown as cereals for human intake and also as fodder crop for livestock cultivation. It is widely produced in semi-arid tropical zones areas of the world like Asia & Africa because of it high productivity and short growing season! It is considered to be rich in dietary fiber, iron, calcium and vitamin B. It is known to release the sugar content slowly in the blood stream and diminish glucose absorption rate in the body!
It was one of the main ingredients used in most of the households few decades back and was also an active part of the diet. I remember having millet (bajra) roti and khichdi which was a substantial part of the food when we used to go to our grand parents’ house. It is the thing that as technology and other things advanced, we kept forgetting about the most natural and healthy ingredients eventually, but our elder knew how beneficial these food crops were even during that time.
It can be used as a regular cereal grain in place of rice as it is completely gluten free. So for those who crave for rice can easily have millet as its replacement. It gives high amount of energy along with healthy fats and vitamin B.
Millet is widely used in porridge, snacks etc. as it is quite rich in starch content just like all other grains. Millet is also a very good source of nutrients, vitamins, minerals, and organic compounds that can significantly boost overall human health in so many ways!
Well, its never too late to switch back to the most healthy ingredients from the Nature and we are just trying to bring back what we left behind.
Millet Salad with Chick Pea Recipe-
- 1 cup of Millet
- 1 cup Chickpeas
- 1 medium onion ( finely chopped)
- 1 medium tomato ( finely chopped)
- 1 large cucumber ( chopped)
- Any vegetable used in Salad ( chopped)
- 1 tsp salt
Method of Preparation-
- First of all read the instructions on the packet of millet and boil the millet as per information provided.
- Next step is to boil the chick peas along with small amount of salt.
- Now strain the boiled chick peas and keep aside.
- In a bowl add chopped tomatoes, cucumber & onion! You can add more veggies of your choice like radish, carrot etc which you generally include in your salad.
- Now add the boiled millet. And toss around so as to mix everything properly!
- Usually one can also utilize the left over chole sabzi and make this salad by adding boiled millet and other fresh vegetables of your choice.
A yummy and nutritious salad is ready and you can have it as your evening snack or even after post workout!
Do try it and give your feedback!
Have you tried making Millet Chickpea Salad before?
You might also like to read:-
- Self Discipline For Weight Loss-Why nothing else works?
- Weekend Cycling And Workout Updates
- Top 6 Tips To Make Cocktails Healthy
- Best Ways To Fight Water Retention And Weight Loss Stagnation
- Looking For Other Instant Noodles After Maggi Ban?Read This Before Buying
- 5:2 diet-Everything You Need To Know