Best Foods To Beat The Heat
The heat is on the rise and as Mumbai receives its first monsoon showers, it has sadly not done any good to the hot weather. While travelling to the clinic this morning, the heat and traffic on roads made me lose my temper but then I thought that if we cannot change the weather then why crib? Instead let’s eat foods that keep us cool! The harsh sun and hot temperature not only makes us feel dehydrated but also make us crave for ice creams and sweetened juices and cold drinks which come with a big amount of calories! Not to forget the preservatives and added colors and flavors!
Here is a list of natural foods that not only keep us cool but are packed with nutrition!
As the name suggests, water melon has 90% water.
It keeps you cool and is packed with antioxidants. Eat it whole or blend it and drink it!
Cucumber slices are an age old remedy to keep the eyes cool. But it also is an excellent natural coolant for the body.
Curd, as I have mentioned in one of my articles, has many health benefits and one such benefit is that it keeps your body cool. It reduces acidity. Have it with a fruit or make chaas with few mint leaves, you can never go wrong with curd.
If you thought green tea can only be consumed when hot, then let me tell you green tea can be made cool too just like you make iced tea! Add ice cubes, lime juice, and few mint leaves to your green tea and you have are all set to step out of the house!
Coconut water is full of minerals and keeps your body cool and besides this, 200 ml of coconut water has only 50 calories! Do you need more reason to grab that glass of coconut water?
These are quick and easy cool foods that you can keep having on the go! Besides this water is the best to keep you cool and hydrated. Add mint, lime slices to your glass of water and few ice cubes and you will be left cool and refreshed for the entire day!
Remember it is very important to avoid reaching the stage where you are dehydrated and for that you need to keep sipping water, chaas, green tea, coconut water while travelling too and give your body a chance to say I love summers! 😉
Let us know if you know any other best foods to beat the heat and stay hydrated.
You may like to read these too:
- How To Control Gout Through Diet
- Easy And Instant Low Carb Fish Fry Recipe With Ready To Cook Spice Mix
- Health Benefits Of Eating Salad Before A Meal
- Yogurt Diet For Weight Loss
- Vegetarian 1000 Island Salad Dressing India
- How To Re-energize Yourself When Tired
- How To Eat Healthy At An Italian Restaurant
- 4 Easy Low Carb Cabbage Rolls Recipes
- 5 Must Have Seeds In Your Diet
- Top 5 Teas For Weight Loss
- Fruit Cream – Low Carb Recipe |Sweat Treat
- 5 High Carbs Fruits To Avoid
- How To Choose Healthy Snacks At Movie Theatre
- Health Benefits Of Probiotics
- How Antioxidants Work On Free Radicals Damage