This post is an obvious response to readers’ request after Best Pre-Workout Foods.
We sincerely try to help as many people as possible to become healthier. Even if just one of you is able to get inspired, shed weight and change your life, we will be satisfied that our hard work has been worth !
Trust me , its not easy to write a post on reader’s request after traveling 60 kms a day and working 9 hours in office. I am extremely attached to my blog not only because its a platform for me to express , but also because in such a short span of time, you have placed a trust in us. I feel answerable to you all ! Phew, getting too emotional today !
Anyway, let me give you a few options of foods that you can have after your workout. Please feel free to add more to the list by your comments.
Best Post-Workout Foods
Protein and carbs are the two ingredients in a good post-workout meal. You should have your post-workout meal within 20-40 minutes of cooling down.
- Eggs have 70 calories each but pack 6.3 grams of protein. You can have boiled eggs immediately after workout since it hardly takes any time. You can also have egg salad, recipe here.
- Banana has good carbs and pottasium too.
- Salmon – protein + Omega 3 fattty acid
- Dry fruits and nuts
- Fruits like Pineapple, Kiwi that are rich in anti-oxidants
- Low fat yoghurt with fruit
- Tuna – Low in fat, rich in protein and omega 3 fatty acid
- Protein shake – I will update on a protein supplement soon.
- Chicken with steamed veggies
- Sweet potato
- Buttermilk – amazing drink to have after workout
- Lastly, water. Have as much water as possible post workout
Let us know if you know some more to add to the list !
You may also like reading –
- Best Pre-Workout Foods
- Wearing Makeup In Gym means Less Workout
- How BMR Affects Weight
- How To Set Weight Loss Goals
- Sugar Free Nut Bites – Nut Recipe For Diabetics|Wheat Belly|Paleo
- How To Curb Sugar Cravings
- Top Fat Burning Foods | Indian Fat Burning Foods
- Macrobiotic Diet For Weight Loss
- How To Prevent Loose Skin After Losing Weight
- Medical Tests For Weight Gain
- Quick And Healthy Breakfast Ideas
- Reasons For Sudden Weight Gain