I am receiving queries on what should be ideal substitute for Sugar. Sugar, like explained in the previous post is not good for us. If you have missed the post, read here.
Best Sugar Substitutes
Some of the best sugar substitutes can be
- Organic Jaggery
- Raw Honey (unsweetened)
Using Organic jaggery ensures that the jaggery is not inducted with sugar. Raw honey is preferable for the same reason.
What is Stevia ?
Stevia also known as Sweet Leaf or Sugar Leaf , belongs to family of herbs and is found in tropical regions of America. Stevia is said to be 300 times sweeter than Sugar.
Stevia Sweetener Review
I came to know about Stevia 1 year back in Dubai where Stevia Sweeteners are easily available in supermarkets. In India, I searched many chemist shops but could only find artificial sweeteners like Sugar Free Natura, Sugar Free Gold and Equal .
Then, I found only 1 Stevia product online – Stevias available in India at Goodlife.com
Price : Rs 99. I got it for Rs 79 on discount.
Later, Sugar Free launched a stevia sweetener called Sugar Free Herbivia. It was not available at most of the chemist shops.
I have consumed at least 3 packets of Stevias pellets. This product is available in 3 forms – pellets, sachets and powder. This time I have ordered powder too since I felt it dissolves easily.
Stevias Sweetener Ingredients
Stevia Sweetener Pros
- Stevias does not contain aspartame and saccharin which are artificial sweeteners
- Stevias contains 97% stevia , which means it is 97% natural
- Zero calorie
- Zero side effects( I have not noticed any headache or nausea)
- Better than other sweeteners
- Safe to use
- Easily available
Stevia Sweetener Cons
- Stevia tastes little bitter sometimes. If you add directly to prepared tea or coffee, it tastes better. It might taste bitter if you add while cooking.
- Our bodies are not designed for Zero calorie foods , whether artificial or natural.
- Sweets made in stevia taste bad 😛
If you can have your Tea or Coffee without sweetening it, that is the best choice. Otherwise, Stevia is better than other sweeteners available in the market.
What do you use in your Tea/Coffee ? Do let us know !
Image Source – 2
You may also like reading –
- How to De-Stress and Lose Weight
- Low Carb Cutlets Recipe |Egg Recipes Low Carbs
- Stress and Weight Gain
- Happy Raksha Bandhan
- Sugar Free Gold Review
- How To Read Food Labels
- 0 Calorie Sweetener Equal Products Review
- Health Benefits Of Nuts
- The Dangers Of Aspartame
- Shweta’s Weight Loss Story
- Is Coffee Or Tea, Your First Thing In The Morning?
- Ragi Health Benefit & Weight Loss – Ragi Dosa Recipe
- Top 7 Weight Loss Supplements